Chapter 20

Darya and Aemond argue like the children they are. There is smut 😳. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Darya was not sure why she had met with Aemond. She had not expected the letter and had been surprised to receive it. She knew her parents would never allow her to meet him if they found out, so she did not tell them. She waited until it was nightfall and her parents had retired before making her exit. She had questioned herself as she walked to her dragon, not sure why she wanted to meet him. Part of her wanted to see him and ask him why he had bothered to send Jace and Vermax's bodies back. She had never expected him to do that and wanted to know the reason. What was he trying to do? Another thing she had not been ready for was when he asked her to convince her mother to meet with Aegon. She had been serious when she had told Aegon that he and her mother should meet and come to an agreement. Aemond was the last person she had expected to agree with her.

"You cannot leave." Her uncle was looking at her like she was insane for thinking about leaving the cave. "The storm has become even worse since you arrived. It will not be easy for the dragons not even with their sizes."

"Why?" Darya snapped, still angry and hurt after everything that had happened. "Are you going to chase me and try to kill me again?"

"No!" He snapped back. "But you are stupid if your wish to be away from me is greater than your wish to live."

She hated that he was right, she did not want to stay with him. Besides the fact that she hated him for what he had done, she was wet, cold, and uncomfortable. She wished she could be back home, warm in her chambers.

"You are shivering." Aemond's voice made her attention snap back to him. "You should take off those clothes and move closer to the fire."

"I am not taking my clothes off in front of you."

Aemond rolled his eyes. "You can use your cloak to cover up."

"My cloak is even more soaked than my clothes." Darya pointed out. "It will do me no good."

"Here," Aemond threw his cloak at her and she caught it before it touched the ground. "The rain was not as bad when I arrived and I have been here longer than you have so my cloak is dry."

Darya was still not sure that it was the right thing to do, but she was starting to shake and did not want to become ill. She gave Aemond an annoyed look. "Well, are you going to turn around? I am not taking my clothes off while you stand there staring at me."

He rolled his eye but turned around to give her some privacy. She made sure to keep an eye on her uncle as she removed her boots and clothes, and wrapped herself in Aemond's cloak. She moved closer to the flames and spread her clothes on a rock nearby, hoping they would dry soon.

Aemond's voice was impatient. "Can I turn around now?"

"Yes," She griped the cloak tighter when he turned and his eyes moved over her. "Thank you."

"You are welcome," His face was amused as he sat on the bedroll she, Jace, and Rhaena had left there the last time they had visited. "I never thought you would be thanking me."

"I can be polite when the situation calls for it." She sat on one of the rocks and made sure the cloak covered her completely. She looked around the cave, feeling better now that she was not as cold. "Why did you choose this place?"

"I did not want you to have to fly too far." She gave him a questioning look and he just shrugged. "I know things did not go well the last time you were away from Dragonstone and I did not want you to think I was setting you up."