Chapter 25

Rhaenyra is introduced as the queen in Kings Landing. Aemond tries to make up things to Darya. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Her mother looked every inch a queen, she was wearing a red gown, with gold dragons embroidered on the front of the gown and the sleeves. Her mother's hair was mostly down, only a few braids kept the top half from falling to her face and a gold crown adorned her head. Darya was been dressed in a red and gold gown, a vibrant red and gold train dragging behind her. They entered the throne room and people looked at each other, not sure what they were supposed to do. She saw the Lannisters glare at her before turning to look at Aegon. Aemond stood near the throne, Aegon and Helaena beside him. Alicent was standing on the other side of the room wearing one of her awful green gowns and she was looking disbelieving at them. Over three hundred gold cloaks followed them in as her mother climbed the steps to the throne.

Before her mother could make it to the throne Aegon kneeled. "Welcome, your grace. Kings Landing is yours."

People gasped as Aemond and Helaena followed suit and kneeled in front of Rhaenyra. Her mother gave them a nod before sitting on the throne and looking at the people present. Alicent was looking at her children and gaping like a fish as Darya moved to stand to her mother's left and Daemon stood to her right.

Ser Erryk Cargyll stood at the bottom step and turned to face the rest of the people. "You are in the presence of Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, First of her name. Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

People looked at each other, not sure what to do when Daemon took a step forward, his hand on Dark Sister. Everyone immediately went to their knees, bowing.

"What is the meaning of this?" Alicent moved until she was standing in front of the throne. "Get off that throne, my son is king."

"In case you did not hear your son gave up the crown." Her mother's voice was smooth but with steel underneath. "I am queen, I have always been the queen, just like my father wanted when he named me heir."

"Aegon," Alicent gave her son a betrayed look. "What are you doing? You were born to be king."

"No, mother." Aegon shook his head and he looked so tired that for a moment Darya felt sorry for him. "Being king was never my wish, it was yours. I did not want the throne or the crown. I just wanted to live my life how I saw fit."

Alicent looked at her children. "But..."

"That is enough, Lady Alicent." Her mother's voice made Alicent snap her mouth shut. "You have committed treason by usurping the crown for your son. You betrayed me, the rightful queen of the seven kingdoms. I have given my word that I will not kill you, but as of now you will be imprisoned and will never leave those chambers."

Her mother gave a signal and two gold cloaks grabbed Alicent and dragged her away. Her mother was not finished, as she nodded and the gold cloaks immediately took hold of several people, including the Lannisters and other lords of the small council.

"You all betrayed me." Her mother looked at the men. "You swore alliance to me and at the first opportunity betrayed me. That is not something that can be forgiven and as you all know the punishment for treason is death."

The men pleaded and some tried to fight as they were dragged away, but to no avail. Her mother dismissed all the people left until only the family remained.

Aegon gave her mother a tired look. "What now, sister?"

"Now you rest." Her mother also looked tired. "You will leave tomorrow with your dragon and if you ever return I will have you executed as a traitor. As promised you will receive a monthly allowance from me to make sure you have no difficulties and if there is anything else you need send me a letter and I will help you."