chapter twenty nine - cover

(Ivy's POV)

May 7th 2023

4 days until we fly out to nashville for the eras tour, and i've recorded 9 songs, even with guests, in the past 7 days, which i feel is crazy.
today i record the last two so i can release an album. i had already announced the name on instagram, 'lovesick and lonely' and i'm releasing the tracklist today, when we're done recording.

i was asleep until i felt something on my face, opening my eyes to julien peppering my face in kisses. i giggled groggily, "oh my god, put a shirt on woman!" i giggle again, looking down.
"why?" she asks, "because it's distracting" i reply. "not if you don't put one on first" she says shrugging, "julien, you're quite literally on top of me. i can't move" i say deadpan.

"whatever" she says teasingly, getting off of me so we could both put our clothes back on.

i put my hair in a high ponytail, i just wear a little tank top with some jorts on, walking into our kitchen to make my own coffee that we finally bought.

phoebe walked in, "making use of the coffee maker, huh?" she giggles, i turn to her, "finally" i roll my eyes playfully. "cute outfit" she says pointing it out, "thanks i just- threw it on" i shrug.

her eyebrows furrow while looking at me, making my own furrow. "what?" i ask, she smiles a little, "you have a hickey" she laughs while pointing at my neck. my eyes widen, "what.." i ask, which makes her laugh more. of course, julien had to walk in right in this moment.

"julien rose baker, did you do this shit?" phoebe said, now touching my neck. "hm?" julien said, walking closer to us, going beet red when she sees my neck. "uh-" julien starts, phoebe laughs loudly which makes us both groan. "now i have to ask lucy if she has concealer, without telling her why, because i'm pretty sure i have NONE in my shade." i say, pursing my lips. phoebe found this funny as fuck for some reason, i flipped her off.

as i walk quickly back into julien and i's room she giggles a little too. "you little shit" i say playfully rolling my eyes, she kisses me tenderly. "i didn't even know i could do that" julien says, looking at my neck. "thinking about it now, it is a little sore" i say, making us both giggle.

now my neck was sore, but so was the rest of my body, and it wasn't just from the night before, my body had been sore for the past week, i hadn't really realized it until we were in the studio yesterday. i think it's just from rehearsal for tour, but every single joint in my body was still burning everytime i made a slight movement.

"i haven't had to get rid of a hickey since i was like 17, i don't even know what to do" i say, julien giggles a little, "just ask lucy for some concealer. we're two grown women in a relationship, it was bound to happen sooner or later. she's definitely had the same thing happen to her, it won't hurt to ask" she said. i just nodded.

i knock on lucy's door, discreetly putting my hand on my neck. she opens the door, walking back to her vanity chair. "uh, do you have any concealer?" i ask, "why?" she replies. "mine ran out a couple of months ago but i actually really need it today" i say, making up an excuse. she hums, "oh okay, well yeah, you can just open that drawer it's in there" she said pointing to the drawer, as soon as i reached for the drawer i realized i fucked up.

she giggled a little, i groan, "you liar! you have a hickey" she laughs. "shut uppp" i groan, "okay well now that i know the real reason... i'm gonna be honest, concealer doesn't do shit. plus it will just melt off in the next two hours" she said. i groaned once more. "we have to go to the studio today. what am i supposed to do" i ask, "well... remember that one time, the morning after your senior prom when we spent an hour and a half whisking it and it actually worked?" she asks, "oh my god yes, please tell me there's a more convenient and less time consuming way to get rid of it" i whine, she shakes her head no.

so that's what i did until we had to leave. i whisked at my neck for an hour and a half, definitely one of my lowest moments considering i was nearly 23. i almost ended up just wearing a hoodie to cover it, but then i remembered it's may, in los angeles, that would be lethal. 

surprisingly the hickey went away. julien walked in the living room, where i was sitting, with studio keys in hand, a gray tank top and some black jeans on, no hat, which was unusual. "ready to leave?" she asks, "yeah," i stand up, "you look cute, where is your hat?" i ask while smiling.
"i lost the only one i like" she says, i hum, "okay, let me put some sunblock on your face then" i say, grabbing it out of my bag. "you sound like my mama" julien giggles, but doesn't protest, and lets me put dots of it on her face. "aww, do you talk about me to your mama?" i giggle, putting a fake country accent on. she laughs loudly as i get done rubbing the sunblock into her face, "yes actually, my mama and my father" she says, which makes us both crack into small giggle  again.

"alright, time to go lovebirds" lucy says, snapping at us, phoebe walks out of her room as well. julien and i hold hands as we walk to lucy's car, getting in our normal seats in the back, phoebe sitting in the passenger seat.

the studio was only a half hour away, but we enjoyed the ride. it was sunny in LA, so we took it to our advantage to have a fun car ride. the windows down, sunroof open, music blasting. i felt free for the first time in months, which sounds really corny, but it was true.

————

——-

-

a/n: these mfs finally got to catch a break! (i say this as if im not literally writing their lives out...)
anwyays, thought i could finally let them be less miserable. long ass chapter, i'm feeling a bit better! the hospital was starting to get to my head i think, idk, but i'm better physically, atleast for a bit !
-em

(1125 words)