phone call

"Mom, dad the phones ringing!!" I hear my daughter Ruby yell from downstairs "can you answer it sweetie!?" I ask and hear her pick up the phone.

"Mom it's for you and dad!!!" She yells and Shakes gets up and goes downstairs. I go to "hears the phone" she says and hands Shakes the phone "hello" Shakes says "Shakes, it's Carol. A police man just left my house" Carol says "oh, is everything ok?" Shakes asks "he was talking to me about John and Tommy" she says.

"Mom can you braid my hair please?" Ruby asked "yea come here" I say. "Shakes, John and tommy were killed" Carol says crying "oh my god" Shakes whispers "I already called Micheal" she says "were gonna have a service for them next Saturday" she says "do you and your son need anything at all?" Shakes asks "not at the moment. He doesn't know yet" she says. Shakes sighs and wipes his eyes "ok, I'm gonna go talk with y/n. We'll call you later. I'm so sorry Carol" Shakes says "ok, give y/n and your kids my love" she says "I will. I love you Carol" Shakes says "I love you to" she says and Shakes hangs up the phone.

"Hey uhm Nicky can you take your little sister up to her room please, I need to talk to your mom" Shakes says "yea, come on ruby" Nick says. Once there in ruby's room Shakes sits down next to me "what's wrong? I heard Carol crying" I ask and he sighs "it's uh, it John and Tommy" he says "what happened?" I ask "they were killed" he says slowly starting to cry. I feel my stomach drop "oh my god" I whisper. Me and Shakes grew up with John, Tommy, Micheal and Carol so it feels like I just got hit by a bus.

"She's having a service for them next Saturday" shakes said, I didn't know what to think. "Does little John know?" I ask (little John is John and carols son) he Shakes his head "no but she's gonna tell him" he says wrapping an arm around my shoulder "Jesus Christ" I said crying "mom is everything ok?" Nick, our son, asks, ruby standing behind him "uhm, kids we need to talk" shakes says "are we in trouble?" Nick asks sitting down, ruby sitting next to him. Ruby and Nick were always close. They were only 2 years apart. Nick being 14 and ruby being 12. Nick always protected her in any way he could. They were partners in crime.

"No your not in trouble. We just need to talk" I say. They both nod "I just got off the phone with aunt Carol and she gave some unfortunate news" shakes says and pauses "what'd she say?" Ruby asks "uhm, something happened to uncle John and uncle Tommy" I say trying to fine the best way to tell them "what happened?" Nick asked "guys uncle John and uncle Tommy are gone" I say quietly. Both of then gasped a bit "oh my gosh" Ruby said and Nick draped his arm over her shoulder "what happened" Nick asked "they uhm, they were shot" Shakes said "shit" Nick whispered.

"When are they having a service?" Ruby asked wiping her eyes "next Saturday" I said and they both nodded.

I never thought that 2 of my best friends would be dead and I surely never thought It'd be John and Tommy. This hurts worst then Wilkinsons. knowing that I'll never see them again hits like a ton of bricks. Shakes is broken to. I can see it in his face. The look on his face was the same one that he had when we were getting hurt by those guards. I know this service will be hard and I know everything will be different. I can say I'll never miss someone more then this.

Me: don't know how I feel abt this but it's ok
664 words