Chapter 13: Tallulah's Choice

Miss Delight found Tallulah in the playroom, surrounded by a group of giggling children as they constructed elaborate forts out of building blocks. Tallulah's eyes lit up with excitement as she saw Miss Delight approaching.

"Hey, Miss Delight! What's up?" Tallulah greeted her with a bright smile.

Miss Delight returned the smile, her heart warmed by Tallulah's infectious energy. "I have something for you, Tallulah," she said, holding out the stack of papers the scientists had given her.

Tallulah's curiosity was piqued as she accepted the papers. "What's this?"

"They're called the Critter Papers," Miss Delight explained. "The scientists want you to answer a few questions as part of a special project they're working on."

Tallulah's eyes sparkled with excitement as she flipped through the papers, eager to see what questions awaited her. She paused when she came to the first question: "Which critter would you be?"

After some thoughtful consideration, Tallulah picked up her pen and began to write. Miss Delight watched with interest as Tallulah's pen danced across the page, her expression serious and focused.

Once she had finished, Tallulah handed the paper back to Miss Delight, a proud smile on her face.

"I chose to be a shark," Tallulah explained. "Because sharks are strong and resilient, just like me. They're also fearless and adventurous, and they have a deep connection to the ocean, which is something I've always felt drawn to."

Miss Delight nodded in understanding, impressed by Tallulah's thoughtful response. "That's a wonderful choice, Tallulah. Sharks are truly remarkable creatures."

Tallulah beamed at the praise, her excitement bubbling over. "Thanks, Miss Delight! I can't wait to see what other questions they have for me."

With a sense of anticipation, Tallulah returned to the stack of papers, eager to dive into the next question and continue on her journey of self-discovery. As she filled out the Critter Papers with enthusiasm and determination, she knew that whatever lay ahead, she was ready to face it head-on, just like the fearless shark she had chosen to be.