Chapter 22: Scent of Memories

Shiver Shark found herself strolling through the fragrant garden of Playtime Co., the vibrant hues and intoxicating scents of the flowers filling her senses with nostalgia. As she wandered, lost in the beauty of her surroundings, she spotted KickinChicken pecking at the ground nearby.

"Hey there, KickinChicken!" Shiver called out, a smile spreading across her face. "Mind if I join you?"

KickinChicken looked up, his feathers ruffling with surprise at Shiver's unexpected company. "Sure thing, Shiver! What brings you here?"

Shiver settled down beside KickinChicken, her gaze drifting to the flowers that surrounded them. "I couldn't resist the allure of these beautiful blooms," she confessed, her voice filled with admiration. "Especially the ylang-ylang flowers."

KickinChicken cocked his head in curiosity. "Ylang-ylang? What's that?"

Shiver's eyes lit up with excitement as she launched into an impromptu lesson. "Ylang-ylang, scientifically known as Cananga odorata, is a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia, particularly Indonesia and the Philippines," she explained. "Its flowers are prized for their sweet, floral fragrance, which is often used in perfumery and aromatherapy."

As Shiver spoke, memories of her childhood flooded back to her – of lazy days spent exploring her mother's extravagant flower shop, of family trips to exotic locales where she would delight in the scents of unfamiliar blooms and plants.

"My mom was an extravagant florist," Shiver reminisced, a wistful smile gracing her lips. "During family trips, she'd take me to smell all kinds of flowers and plants. Ylang-ylang was always one of my favorites."

KickinChicken listened with rapt attention, his curiosity piqued by Shiver's tales of her past. "Wow, that sounds amazing, Shiver! Thanks for sharing."

Shiver nodded, her heart warmed by KickinChicken's genuine interest. "Anytime, KickinChicken. It's always nice to reminisce about the things that bring us joy."