Chapter 34: Catnap's Comfort

As Shiver Shark continued to vent her frustrations by shaking the toy fish in her bowl, the other Critters exchanged concerned glances. It was clear that Shiver needed someone to help calm her down before her anger escalated any further.

After a brief discussion, the Critters unanimously decided that Catnap was the best candidate for the job. Known for his soothing purrs and gentle demeanor, Catnap was well-equipped to handle the task of calming Shiver down.

With a determined nod, Catnap approached Shiver, his movements slow and deliberate. He knew that he needed to approach her with care, lest he inadvertently worsen her mood.

"Hey there, Shiver," Catnap murmured softly, his voice a soothing melody in the midst of chaos. "Mind if I join you for a moment?"

Shiver glanced up at Catnap, her expression softened by his gentle approach. With a nod of assent, she allowed him to approach, curious to see what he had in mind.

Catnap wasted no time in getting to work. He began to purr softly, the sound of a comforting presence in the room. He then rubbed himself against Shiver's plush form, his movements slow and deliberate as he sought to soothe her frayed nerves.

At first, Shiver tensed at the unexpected contact, but as Catnap's purrs washed over her, she felt herself beginning to relax. The tension in her muscles melted away, replaced by a sense of calm and contentment.

Before long, Shiver let out the cutest yawn, a sign that Catnap's efforts were paying off. With a grateful smile, she allowed herself to lean into Catnap's comforting embrace, her anger dissipating with each passing moment.

Bully, seeing that Shiver had calmed down, approached her with a gentle smile. "Come on, Shiver," he said softly. "Let me give you a ride on my back. You've had a rough day."

Shiver nodded gratefully, allowing Bully to lift her onto his back. As he carried her away from the chaos of the dueling arena, Shiver couldn't help but feel grateful for the unwavering support of her friends at Playtime Co. With their help, she knew that she could overcome any challenge that came her way.