The V's

Charlie had a car waiting for them as she spoke with Vaggie about staying at the Hotel to look after things while she went to get Angel, though her girlfriend was worried for the safety of the Princess.  She had to trust that Alastor would be enough, as well as Husk, kissing Vaggie before she left, the Fallen turned to look upwards at where she knew Lucifer was resting but she felt that he should know where Charlie was going.  Making her way up to his room, Vaggie came to a stop just before the floor, the elevator wouldn't go any higher which confused her as to what was going on.  Though she was able to go back down, Vaggie decided to fly up to the Devil's room herself, landing on the balcony to sense something was wrong, the room was dark but she could see things were tossed about.  The sight she came to see before her was Lucifer sitting in the middle of the floor wearing a loose robe, his wings laid out around him except for one which was badly crushed, broken, and bleeding.

"Luci... fer?"

                            The ride through the city was an anxious one, Charlie was nervous about facing the Demons who hurt her friend, she didn't do so well the first time but now she was determined.  She could do this, after fighting against Angels and redeeming one of her Sinners, she wasn't going to give up so easily, Husk wasn't doing so well himself as one could see what was going through his mind.  The only one who seemed confident was Alastor but one couldn't know what was going on behind a smile, his thoughts returning to a time around the 50's, the past he had with the Media Demon named Vox.  For years Alastor was the feared and infamous Radio Demon, he played his cards right and removed Overlords who weren't worthy of their positions, he had a small circle of confidants but upon meeting the Sinner known as Vox.  His intrigue was peaked at the TV-headed man who brought about new technology, the excitement upon the screen as he spoke about his time on Earth.  The two worked together within his Radio Station, Vox explaining how television worked using the same electric waves that radio used but more advanced.

"Isn't this great?  With the two of us working together, we can rule the City using Voice and Video.  We can get others to buy our products, listen to what we have to say, and take over twice as much territory than the other Overlords!  It's the perfect plan, what do you say big guy?"  At the time, it sounded clear-cut, easy to put into play seeing as Vox was so loyal and eager to please him, yes Alastor knew how the man saw him as superior to himself.  A brown-nosing feeble man who freely gave knowledge and skills without reserve, Alastor used him until he saw that Vox wanted more.

"Wait, I didn't mean to say that-  what I mean is..."

"Whatever it is you meant, I cannot give you what you want, so either accept that or we're through."  Yet even with his warning, Alastor was already making his move to separate from the clingy man but not before Vox brought in another man into their group, Valentino represented Vice in their little V group.  Alastor was disgusted by the man's depravity of a sexual nature, rising in the Porn District and when the two started displaying affection in front of him, that was the last straw.

"Wait, Alastor why are you doing this?  What we have here is an empire, we're only going to get stronger but we can't do it without your voice-"

"My voice?"  Whirling around in anger, his filter gone for the moment as he glared at the TV screen, "How is my voice relevant anymore when you have your screens everywhere?  Everyone watches you, it's all about you and I was foolish enough to fall for it!"  Pausing in his anger, Alastor was disgusted with himself, the plan had been to use this fool's knowledge to get into the generation of things but in the end, he was left behind.  Lies and fake promises decorated the truth before his eyes, he allowed himself to get in too deep, now he was breaking away and that was the start of their rivalry.