𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝚾𝚾𝐈: 𝚳𝛐𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

The late afternoon sunlight cast long shadows across the bustling corridors of Hope Hospital. Reena, her white coat a stark contrast to the crimson glow of the setting sun, finally emerged from the operating room. The successful surgery, a complex and delicate procedure, had pushed her to the limit. Exhaustion gnawed at her, a relentless tide threatening to pull her under.

She shuffled towards the doctor's lounge, each step a testament to the long hours she'd spent on her feet. Her white sneakers, once crisp and pristine, were now scuffed and dusty, a reflection of the relentless pace of the day.

Reaching the lounge, she sank onto the plush sofa, kicking off her shoes with a sigh of relief. The cool leather felt heavenly against her burning feet, a small oasis in the desert of her exhaustion.

Just as she closed her eyes, a gentle touch on her ankle startled her. Looking down, she saw Rocky kneeling beside her, his face etched with a mixture of concern and amusement.

"You look like you could use a pit stop," he said softly, his voice laced with a hint of a smile.

Reena managed a weak smile. "Just another day at Hope Hospital," she mumbled, her voice thick with fatigue.

Without a word, Rocky began unlacing her remaining shoe. His touch was surprisingly gentle, his calloused fingers working with a practiced ease that surprised her.

"You've been pushing yourself too hard, Doc," he said, his voice low and concerned.

"There's always another patient, Rocky," she replied, a hint of defiance lacing her voice. "This hospital... it needs me."

"And it will have you, Doc," he assured her, his gaze unwavering. "But you can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself, for me and for them."

Reena couldn't argue. The events of the past year had taken their toll. Regaining her memories had been a slow, arduous process, and throwing herself back into work had been a way to reclaim a sense of normalcy.

But Rocky was right. The relentless pace was unsustainable. Glancing out the window at the fiery hues of the setting sun, she realized it was time to surrender to the day.

Rocky finished removing her shoes, his touch lingering on her swollen ankles. He then produced a small jar of lotion from his pocket, its familiar lavender scent evoking a wave of warmth within her.

"Let me help you ease the ache," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Reena surrendered her foot to his touch. The cool lotion felt heavenly against her burning skin, his gentle massage working its magic on the tight muscles. With each stroke, a knot of tension unraveled, a wave of relaxation washing over her.

He worked his way up her foot, his touch lingering on the arch, the ball, and finally, her toes. As he reached her small toe, he bent down and brushed a soft kiss against its tip.

Reena gasped, a jolt of electricity shooting up her leg. Memories flooded back – stolen kisses in hospital corridors, late-night massages after long surgeries, the quiet intimacy that had become the bedrock of their love.

Looking up, she met Rocky's gaze. His eyes, warm and loving, held a silent apology and a question unspoken. A lump formed in her throat, a bittersweet mix of emotions swirling within her.

"Remember?" he asked softly, his voice barely a whisper.

Reena nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "The late-night study sessions, the stolen moments of comfort... I remember it all."