𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝚾𝚾𝐕: 𝚸𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲

Reena tiptoed through the sprawling villa, the weight of her secret nestled comfortably in her heart. It had been two days since the doctor's appointment, two days of bubbling excitement and meticulous planning with Sam. Tonight was the night. Tonight, she would surprise Rocky with the news that would turn their world upside down – in the best way possible.

The air crackled with nervous anticipation. Rocky, usually glued to his work emails even during dinner, was unusually observant. He'd caught her lingering at the fridge a little too long, eyeing the prenatal vitamins Dr. Garcia had prescribed, and his questioning gaze had made her stomach do a nervous flip-flop.

"Doc, everything alright?" Rocky asked, his voice laced with concern as he emerged from his study.

Reena plastered on her most convincing smile. "Everything's perfect. Just craving some... uh... grapefruit juice."

Rocky raised an eyebrow, skepticism etched on his handsome face. "Grapefruit juice? At this hour?"

Reena forced a laugh, the sound a little too high-pitched. "Pregnancy cravings, you know how it is," she teased, hoping to deflect his suspicion.

Rocky's frown deepened. "Reena, are you..." He trailed off, his gaze flitting nervously to her stomach.

Reena's heart hammered against her ribs. Had she given something away? Was the secret already out? "Are you what, Rocky?" she asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Are you trying to tell me something?" Rocky pressed, his voice gentle but firm.

Reena bit her lip, torn between blurting out the truth and sticking to the surprise plan. "There's nothing to tell," she said finally, her voice barely a whisper.

Rocky's brow furrowed. He took a step closer, his hand reaching out to cup her cheek. "Reena, you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

Reena met his gaze, the warmth in his eyes both comforting and terrifying. The urge to confess, to melt into his embrace and pour out her joy, was overwhelming. But the image of his surprised, delighted face, the memory they would cherish forever, held her back.

"It's nothing, really," she insisted, forcing a smile. "Just a long day. Let's just have dinner, okay?"

Rocky seemed unconvinced, but he dropped the subject with a sigh. Dinner, however, was a tense affair. Reena picked at her food, her appetite stolen by nerves. Rocky, his silence heavy, kept stealing worried glances at her.

By the time dessert rolled around, Reena could barely contain herself. Sam, their co-conspirator, had texted earlier, confirming he was on standby. It was time.

"Rocky, I have a surprise for you," Reena announced, her voice trembling slightly.

Rocky's eyes widened. "A surprise? You don't say."

Reena took a deep breath. "Close your eyes."

Rocky chuckled, a hint of suspicion lingering in his voice. "Alright, alright, mystery woman. But this better be good."

Reena closed her own eyes, picturing the small velvet box nestled in her pocket, a tiny gold onesie nestled inside. It was a gift from Sam, the perfect reveal prop. With a silent prayer, she placed the box on the table beside Rocky's plate.

"Open your eyes," she instructed, her voice barely a whisper.

Rocky did as instructed, his gaze falling on the small box. He picked it up, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"What's this?" he asked, his voice laced with curiosity.

Reena took a deep breath. "Open it."

Rocky carefully lifted the lid, his breath catching in his throat. Inside, nestled on a bed of white satin, lay the tiny gold onesie. A single word, embroidered in tiny white stitches, adorned the front: 'Daddy.'