Ch. 20: Late-Night Calls and Risky Behavior

"You sure have been taking a lot more time in the studio these days..." With a bit of concern in her tone, Miyeon makes a comment as she looks inside the studio to find Doyoung there... again. "Since when were you even so fond of working in a studio?"

Doyoung laughs nervously in response as she leans over the workstudio. "I-is that so? Maybe it's because I've just been feeling very artistic recently."

It's been a while. So far, Doyoung seems to have been doing a pretty good job hiding the fact that she's living a life that isn't hers. But it still can't be helped that sometimes, she just accidentally slips all due to the fact that she barely even knows Minho at all! Well, she knows that he's scared of heights, that he's rather hot-tenpered and not good with kind words... And he doesn't go to the studio much?

"Hmm... really?" Miyeon asks with a suspicious tone, to which Doyoung begins to feel even more nervous.

Maybe it's about time that Doyoung should at least try to know Minho even more. Just to prevent incidents like this from happening again.

"Y-yeah... You know, since I'm feeling very inspired–"

"Is it because you've fallen in love with someone already?" All of a sudden, Miyeon asks, making Doyoung stop and blink for a few seconds as she looks at her manager, before she realizes what she just said.

"W-what– Miyeon, no!" She quickly replies as her face starts heating up, and she quickly turns away from her manager, the latter of which laughs loudly in response as she watches the idol get all flustered. "No, why would you say that??"

"Oh, come on! Don't tell me it isn't true! I've managed just about enough idols already to know what this means. You're in love, aren't you? Who is it?" With her tone turning playful, Miyeon enters the studio amd gets closer to Doyoung, whispering to hear the tea. "Is it that trainee Minho?"

"No!" Doyoung replies with much energy yet again, making Miyeon laugh again, before she stands up straight and ruffles the young woman's head.

"Oh, look at you getting all flustered!" Her laugh then slowly turns into a chuckle, before she looks down at Doyoung whose face had already turned completely red. "Ah... But you know, just because you're an idol doesn't mean you can't fall in love and date. It's completely okay if you do. We just have to be careful about a few things."

"I'm... aware," Doyoung replies, looking away from her manager as she remains flustered. "But it really isn't what you think."

"Oh, yeah? What is it then?" Miyeon then asks as she leans downwards to meet Doyoung's eyes.

The idol meets her eyes for a moment before she looks away again and bites her lip. "It's... I'm really just feeling more artistic these days."

"Then maybe you just haven't realized it yet."

"Miyeon!"

"Alright, alright! I'll leave you to your work," the manager tells her before she walks out of the studio, but not before warning Doyoung about something. "Just don't you go roaming around outside again without telling me first! We've had a lot of trouble already, and I'm pretty sure you don't want that to affect Minho's debut."

"Yeah, yeah," Doyoung replies as she fixes her hair, only to suddenly see a playful smile forming on Miyeon's face again.

"Would you look at that. She actually cares."

"Miyeon!"

Miyeon laughs yet again before she finally leaves, leaving Doyoung all red-faced as she turns back to her work, only to feel way too distracted by everything her manager had just said.