Ch. 22: Something You Should Know

It had been a few days since the last time Doyoung had seen Minho. After Miyeon had caught her running off to meet the set-to-debut trainee yet again, it resulted in Doyoung being more closely guarded, just so the situation won't get worse. So it had definitely been more difficult for her to go wherever she wanted to now.

Not to mention, it was difficult for her to meet whoever she wanted now, too. And not only did that include Minho... It also included Nayeon.

"Hey, Doyoung? Uh... how's Nayeon been these days?" Hyunjin comes into the idol's studio all of a sudden one day, feigning innocence and normal-level concern, only to jump back and let out a brief shout when his friend suddenly whips her head at him at the mention of Nayeon's name.

"I don't know..." Doyoung then replies, looking like she had just been abruptly drained of all her energy. "I haven't seen her in so long, so there's no way I would know how she's been doing. I don't understand why Miyeon wouldn't let me see her, either... How is Nayeon even related to the dating rumors??"

Hyunjin only laughs nervously as he watches Doyoung despairing. Well, he did know. Perhaps he just forgot, since all that's ever been on his mind in the last few days is his upcoming comeback... and Melodine's sweet angel, Kwon Nayeon.

In fact, he even almost forgot that Doyoung got caught in dating rumors, which is why her movements have now been more restricted to control the damage. Thankfully, he wasn't affected, since everyone knows they're just close friends, so he and Doyoung are still allowed to see each other and talk.

Of course, this all just ends up being a weird experience for Hyunjin, since he's usually the one caught in dating rumors. And to think that he'd end up seeing his friend so restricted because of rumors which were — undoubtedly — begun because of her impulsivity!

"W-well... maybe they just did that since Nayeon and Minho seem to be close friends, too! You know... so people don't have suspicions about that, too."

Doyoung lets out a sigh as she leand against the back of her seat, and she turns her head to look at Hyunjin. "Well... I guess, you do have a point. Not to mention I feel like I've really been getting busier these days." Doyoung twists her chair on their wheels as she looks up, and then another thought occurs to her, making her sigh again. "It would probably be best for Minho, too, since he's still beginning. I just feel guilty that he gets scolded even more by that one supervisor at Bluebird because of something I did."

"Oh, you know how things are," Hyunjin replies as an attempt to make his friend feel better, before he walks over to where Doyoung is and he pats her head. "People will always be nicer to people of higher status. Not that it's your fault, of course. So long as you don't take advantage of it — which you really don't — you shouldn't have to blame yourself for whatever happens."

Doyoung purses her lips as she looks at him, but then her expression shows that she's actually thinking about what he said, before she eventually nodded and looked back at the workstudio.

It surprises Hyunjin again, however, that the young woman isn't doing anything about his actions, but at this point, he's just left wondering. Doyoung has been acting strange these days, but can he really blame her? After all, who knows, maybe that one strike of lightning did something to her brain that just somehow got away from the doctors' notice.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be doing something right now?" Doyoung then asks as she looks back at Hyunjin, suddenly being reminded of the young man's upcoming comeback.

And Hyunjin smiles nervously in response.

And then Doyoung asks another question as she just realizes something. "And, by the way, why are you asking about Nayeon again?"