Chapter Eleven : Ridicule of the Mind

Heya guys, it's Different. I feel so bad for just not updating, and I have to pass it off to Meg soon because I'll be traveling to Europe next week. But, I wanted to chuck out this chapter quickly.

***Tom's POV***

A great friend.

I was walking away from the beach and towards my house. The words kept repeating in my mind as I walked.

A great friend.

"DAMN IT!" I punched a tree near by and reared back and clutched my fist to my chest as blood started to appear. "Damn it..." I hissed, and started walking faster towards my house.

A great friend.

That's all you'll ever be.

Why'd you think you'd ever be more than that?

Why would he ever want you.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, clutching my head and dropping to my knees as tears spilled out of my eyes.

"Tom?" I looked up to see Nade standing there holding a sword. The warm glow of the torches outside my door bathed his face in a yellow light. He had a worried look on his face as he looked over my position before offering me a small smile and walked across the bridge and towards me. "Tom what are you doing?" I scoffed and looked away from him, still clutching my hand close to me.

"Nothing. Just letting out some anger." Nade was still looking at me, but shook his head and gripped my arm and pulled me up to stand.

"Well, try this." Nade handed me a sword, and after glancing down at my hand, I hesitatingly reached out and gripped the handle. The heavy sword point dripped down to the ground, and I grinned as I hefted it up and held it out to examine it.

"I like this." He looked at me and grinned back.

"Want to go beat up the other teams? That'll help you let off some steam." I started to agree, but then Jordan flitted across my mind and I frowned.

"No, I'm good." Nade's eyes narrowed, before he sighed and sidled past me; pushing open the door and holding it open for me and nodded his head for me to go in. I walked inside and moved to sit on my bed, dropping the sword softly on the ground and fell face first on my pillow.

"What happened Tom? You aren't like yourself, and you're hurt." He paused. "It's kinda creeping me out actually." I groaned and curled up and ran a hand through my hair. "Tom, we're team mates." He was silent before scooting closer to me. "I'd even go to say that we're more than that. Tom, you're one of my best friends." I peeked my head up and looked at Nade. He offered me a smile smile and I sighed before sitting up and put my head in my hands.

"Nade... can I tell you something?" Nade blinked at me before nodding rapidly.

"Yeah of course!" I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, my face feeling hot.

"I like Jordan..." I mumbled, and Nade's eyebrows furrowed.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you, you mumbled." I groaned and turned away from Nade.

"I like Jordan." He chuckled lightly and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, well that's cute."

*** (VERY BRIEF) Third Person ***

Nade's had a tight smile plastered on his face, but had Tom turned around, he would've seen the hatred filling Nade's eyes.

And maybe that would've stopped the domino effect that was about to begin.

________________________

YO. HI. It's Laura... sorry I've been so long. I had started a chapter a while back, read it over, hated it, and then started another one and hated that. I just took a break to stop getting mad at the damn chapter and ended up losing inspiration.

But, I've got a vague plan now, however I'll be in Europe for the next two-ish three weeks (July 1st, 2015) and so Meg will write the next two and then maybe I can write two chapters in my free time once I get back.

Unfortunately, well it's great for me, unfortunate for the book, but I'll be at a beach house for the last week of July, and so I'll see if I am able to write at night (get it? lol i'm occasionally funny).

Anywho, SEASON TWO ENDED NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait to see how third will go!

How about you?

~Laura the Different~