Chapter 16 : Defy the Heart

***Tom's POV***

The wind blowed gently through the air, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

To tell, or not to tell.

I rolled over and blew at a piece of grass that was in my face before frowning.

"Man is that a question." 

Not telling Dianite would be the same as betraying him, but tell him would maybe have him forgive me for not getting Jordan on our side.

Love can wait, but my life?

I sat up and grabbed my sword.

My life is another matter.

I readjusted my armor before drinking another speed pot and started to race towards the Priest's house. As I drew near I slowed and started to switch into my stealth mode. I quickly took off all my armor and drank an invis pot before creeping towards the portal.

Suddenly the door swung open from the priest's room and Champ walked out. I froze, and he froze before turning slowly and looked at me. I put on my armor and took out my sword. I felt the effects of the invis starting to wear away.

Champ's eyes widened as he saw my face. I narrowed my eyes at him as I crept towards the portal; my sword pointed towards him the entire time. I reached the portal and backed into it, before placing a finger on my lips and disappearing into the nether.

The hot air swelled around me and I turned to see Dianite's temple loom above me. I made my way down to see Dianite sitting in his throne and watching me.

My heart lurched but I forced myself to continue walking forward before reaching him and dropped to a knee.

"My lord." Dianite was silent before sighing.

"Thomas. What of the new player?" I ground my teeth as I started to sweat.

"My lord, um. I hate to report that he has joined-" Dianite slammed a fist down in his chair and jumped as he did so.

"THOMAS. YOU HAVE FAILED ME YET AGAIN!" I winced as he shouted, before trying to continue.

"My lord, he has chosen to follow Ianite." Dianite fell silent, and I dragged my eyes up to see him still.

"Ianite. Hmm. What use will following her be?" I was silent before feeling my heart clench. I took a deep breath and forced myself to say the next words that I knew would change everything.

"He has the dragons. The prophecy has already begun."

HEY GUYS. DIFFERENT HERE AND I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS.

I'm going to be starting another SYNDISPARKLEZ book, and have two different themes.

One: Assassin

Two: Rival gangs

Which would you prefer??

-Laura the Different-