ribs ★ lorde

hi!! welcome back to holy ground. just a quick note to say i do actually have most of this book written out already so as soon as the chapters are updated i'll post them. this started of as purely self indulgent but here we are!! the first twenty chapters or so however are ready to go, so i might figure out a fixed uploading schedule. also i would like to add that this book can be read with any font and size but i would recommend a lighter background but it really shouldn't matter. anyway, enjoy!!
✎ bia

⋆.˚🪐⋆

four | 1x01

A LITTLE WHILE LATER, WHEN Rory made her way back down, she entered the kitchen to see there were still unpacked boxes on the counter.

She set down her beach bag on one of the chairs and the rest of her stuff on the table.

She looked ahead into the little living room attached to the kitchen to see Theo and Steven playing a video game and Conrad sat next to them on his phone.

“Are the moms not home?” She asked from the kitchen, and Theo turned to her for a second before going back to the game.

“No, Laurel had something at the bookstore, Mom and Susannah went with her.” Her brother replied,  “Oh, and can you please please please get to those boxes?”

“Didn't mom ask you to do them?” Rory questioned, already grabbing a box cutter from the junk drawer.

“Yes but, shit Steven he’s right behind you.” The boys pressed buttons on their controllers more aggressively, “Yes, uh yeah but I’ll do your laundry next week.

“Steven?” she asked.

“Uh, I’ll make your bed for a week.”

“I want that in writing,” Rory replied as she pulled out boxes of pasta and set them in the cupboards.

“Thank you!” Steven added as they continued, Conrad watching Rory move around the kitchen as if she hadn’t been away for a year.

He always thought she belonged to the Summer House. Like she was connected to it in a way none of them were.

“What should I wear tonight?” Theo asked Steven silently, not wanting his sister to hear about their plans for the following evening.

“Something casual.” Steven shrugged, and Conrad leaned forward to talk to them.

“Wait the bonfire’s tonight?”

“Yeah, Jere texted our group chat this morning.” Theo nodded and Conrad groaned.

There was no way he and Rory would be able to sneak away when the boys got back tonight. It be too late.

“I’m going to go to the beach for a little bit, text the group when the moms get back.” He turned at the sound of Rory’s voice as she entered the room and Conrad sat back up.

He watched her change out of her socks and into her sandals for the beach, her phone, sunglasses, and headphones held in one hand, and a beach bag hanging off her shoulder.

She slid the door open to the backyard and he watched her disappear around the house.

Rory walked over to the beach, seeing Belly and Jeremiah’s figures laying on towels a little away from the water.

“Arie!” Belly called her over excitedly, “You came!”

“I came!” Rory spread out a towel too, setting her bag down to use as a pillow.