talk ★ hozier

hi guys!! a chapter was added to the start of this book labelled "cast..." go check it out if you'd like too!! happy reading!!
✎ bia

⋆.˚🪐⋆

eleven

"NO, CAUSE I'M SO HUNGRY but I'm too exhausted to go down and grab something to eat," Rory explained.

When they got home, Conrad had left a note that he had gone surfing, and the boys hadn't gotten back from the country club yet so Belly and Rory went up to the older girls' room and grabbed all the nail polish bottles from a box under her bed.

They lay on the carpeted floor, a mess of tissue papers, little gems, and other various decorative options spread out around them.

They had been attempting to do French tips that would match the clothes they would wear for the tea tomorrow. They figured it would tie in their looks nicely.

"That makes so much sense." Belly nodded, as she stuck her tongue out in concentration, trying to place a small star-shaped sparkle on the corner of her nail.

They heard the front door open and loud voices filled the foyer, alerting them of the rest of the kids' presence.

"Finally!" Rory exclaimed, "We can finally have dinner."

"Perfect timing." Belly grinned, holding her hands up, "Look how pretty."

The girls added a few more finishing touches as the boys came upstairs and changed before they were called downstairs for dinner.

Conrad and Theo carried plates with Steven behind them bringing over cups. Jeremiah grabbed the drinks as the kids all filed into the fining room, pulling out their usual chairs.

As they sat down, Rory held her hands out to Conrad.

"See! We did our nails." Belly also held her hands up, and Conrad complimented them, before Laurel walked in with pizza boxes.

Different flavours of pizzas were passed around the table, but there was one chair still empty.

"Pineapple on pizza is so weird tho!"

"Rory it's a personal preference you can't say that!"

"But it's fruit! On pizza!"

"Tomatoes are a fruit." Rory turned to glare at Conrad, who had broken up her and Jeremiah's debate.

The brothers high-fived and Belly shook her head and leaned forward.

"You can't help him!" Belly urged and Rory nodded, "And tomatoes are veggies, you guys are just weird."

"Hey, you guys?" Theo asked, turning to Laurel and Susannah, "Where's mom?"

"Oh, she had to take a call." Susannah replied, "She said we could start without her."

Theo nodded and turned back to the new debate that had started on the other end of the table.

"I swear the line goes, 'I am your father, Luke.' I've seen the movie a thousand times."

"It's 'No, I am your father' Steven, it's that weird Mandela effect shit."

"Does he even tell Luke he's his father? Maybe you're both wrong."

"Conrad?" Rory turned to him again, setting down her pizza, "You're not funny."

"I think I'm pretty funny, Roro."

She smiled, rolling her eyes before turning back to the boys. "Just watch the clip on YouTube or something, I hate not knowing if I'm not right."

"You wanna make a bet?" Jeremiah leaned forward, pushing away his plate.