| Chapter 3 |

Ritik's POV

It's been a week since my interview. Today they are going to give their answer and the bubbles of excitement in my stomach will explode anytime as I'm hell nervous and excited for the answer. My mom and dad are at their office. I was sitting on the bean bag with cheeku on my lap talking to him and telling him all my problems.

I said to him " God..... cheeku I'm so nervous I just hope I get this job. I really want it badly. I'm a grown up man of 27 year's and it is just not acceptable in a society a grown up , well educated man is unemployed. "

He kept wriggling. He knows ek baar meri dukh bhari dastaan shuru ho Jaye toh jaldi khatam nahi hoti. Kya kare zindagi Mai dukh hi itna hai. I nevertheless continued

" I really think people should know that the population is touching sky and the jobs are less. Young people go through a lot with this job tension and then to add on all these society taunts. Like who will make them understand that I know I did Master's but there are many who did that and everyone are behind that one job. " Cheeku made a agreeing sound, don't ask me how I understood it's a agreeing sound , I JUST know it .

" I know you also agree with me right you are only mine in this cruel world cheeku ......it's only you and me .....so where was I yes .....job......Getting a employment is tough and it's worse when you have over achieved parents. Like I'm the only child of my parents and both my parents are great at their field. " Cheeku made a disagreeing sound. I said " okay cheeku I know you are also their son now but I'm the eldest one okay you are a younger one "

" You know na dad is a well known criminal lawyer. mom is a successful C.A and what is their only son doing wandering around to get a job.

Right from childhood I had this so called pressure on me to be the best.....why because apparently my parents were the best in their studies. I had to be good in sports because they were good in sports but why can't they understand that every individual is different. Not that I don't love them. I do but why this unseen pressure.

All my friends are having siblings so they all go appreciating my luck that he happy you have no sibling and all stuff. They go around making me count the advantages of being a single child but guys comeon we too have hardships. "

Cheeku started yawning by now. Okay I understand I'm boring people now but who will listen to my dukh bhari dastaan ( tragedy ) if not you cheeku .

I had spent the whole day watching Netflix and chilling. Soon came the evening and with the evening my parents. We were having our dinner having our daily chat when my phone pinged with a message . I opened it and my jaw dropped.

" Aaaahhhhhh " I yelled in happiness. My parents stopped eating , my dad started coughing . My mom yelled at me

" Are you out of your crazy mind you Ritik....look what you did to my husband"

" Mumma leave your husband I have such a great news for you I got selected in the Khurana empires as the personal assistant of the CEO. "

" Kya leave your husband haa....ek lauta pati hai mera " said my mother and my father gave a ' I'm proud of you ' look to her.

" Mumma beta bhi ek lauta hai aapka" I murmured.

My parents congratulated me. When my dad said

" By the way I have heard that the CEO is not so good she is known as the queen of hell "

" Who told you that ? " Asked my mom

" I'm a lawyer......a criminal lawyer......I have my ways " said my dad with a scoff

" Beta be careful with her " said my mom with worry clearly evident in her voice.