| Chapter 18 |

Target 🎯 - 20 votes ⭐

Author's POV

At night

The mooh dikhayi function ended on a good note. Some liked Myra, some were neutral but nothing bothered her. Not the bad nor the good. She managed to pull her poker face throughout the function with smiling a bit here and there when needed. The old Mr and Mrs Singh were in their bedroom , signing off the day with cheeku with them. The new Mr and Mrs Singh were in their room getting ready for the bed.

In the bedroom

Myra was infront of the mirror, removing her jhumkas. She quickly changed in her shorts and went to her side of bed. Ritik was already on the bed , scrolling his phone. He was busy watching reels. Pulling up he blanket she asked "When are you going to talk about shifting to your parents ? "

Hearing this , Ritik kept his phone aside and said "I don't know how to break this news to them. "

"Listen it's not for lifetime. Just few months till I sort this matter out." She said getting frustrated

"I know that but it's tough to convince them. " He said , trying to be convincing.

"Hear me out . You were suppose to say this today to your parents but did not because of the family drama that happened today. We can't be late. Understand me." Saying so she went to sleep leaving Ritik in thoughts.

The next day

Myra woke up early as her habit. She completed her daily routine when Ritik also woke up. Myra was removing her outfit for the day when Ritik came out of the bathroom with just a towel hanging around his waist and a towel in his hand , drying his hair. She didn't notice him yet , but he did notice her. He asked , trying to make a casual conversation with her "When did you shift your clothes to the closet ? "

"Yesterday when you were busy outside and I was in the room. " She said , turning to him , with her suit in her hand. Her eyes widened seeing him half naked . He looks so delicious ! Thought Myra. Ritik saw her expression and smirked. He loved the moments where she gave an expression. He has worked hard to get six packs and today he felt his hardwork was answered by her expression. He mischievously took predator steps towards her . She didn't move back nor did she leave. She stood rooted to her spot.

Myra never had time for intimacy, romance and relationships . She was all focused on her business. Today , seeing him like this , with him moving closer to her did something to her. She felt a tingling feeling in the pit of her stomach. She felt him coming near her but after reaching close to her he shifted his direction and went near the closet to remove his outfit for the day. Myra exhaled, finally. This man !! But where did he get his six packs from ? I have never seen him workout . When does he workout ? Myra thought.

She too dressed up after he left the room . She was wearing her watch when she heard a knock on the door. She said a come in . Ritik came in the room and asked " Are you ready? Ma is calling us for breakfast "

" Hmm I'm. Listen talk to your parents about shifting today itself. "

Ritik quickly closed the door so no one can hear them and came inside the room. He said "Myra understand it's not a simple thing. If we shift obviously we will shift to a really high class place which has the best security. I understand security is the need of an hour but understand me . I really need to plan the expenses if we go there . My parents expenses and then mine....... you don't give me that much of salary. The rent , light bill, maintenance bill , groceries etc it is a lot of work and for that.....let me be blunt......I don't have much money. I do have my savings but they won't be enough. "