| Chapter 17 |

Target 🎯 - 20 votes ⭐

Author's note - Guys I'm very disappointed in my readers because so many read the book but so few votes. Understand I'm a student who is busy but I spare time for this book . It would be appreciated if you at least vote. Anyways here's the chapter as the target is completed. Enjoy.

Google time - Mooh Dikhai is an important Hindu post wedding ceremony. It is basically held to introduce the new bride to the groom's family. The ladies unveil the face of the bride and also shower her with gifts. The mother-in-law, in particular, offers presents to the bride as a gesture of welcome.

Ritik's POV

I opened the main door and saw my dear Neelam bua standing, fanning her face with her saree pallu. Not the sarcasm when I say my dear. I heard her say

"Should I come in or you want me to leave ? "

I came out of my trance and said "sorry welcome bua "

She shook her head in disappointment and entered. She sat on the sofa and said , still fanning herself with her pallu.

"Mumbai's climate is always so hot. Beta paani pilayga ki biwi aane ke baad sanskar bhi bhul gaya hai" ( Son will you bring some water for me or you forgot your manners after the arrival of your wife )

"Sorry bua ji" mumbling to myself I went to the kitchen to fetch her some water. As I entered the kitchen I saw Myra switching off the gas and keeping a lid on the vessel, covering it. She said

"Is she the same most hated relative of yours ? "

I was too tired to reply so I just nodded. I brought a bottle of water from the fridge and poured it in a glass. May this icy cold water snatch away my bua's power to speak. I prayed to God.

I went out and saw my maa already sitting beside bua. Maa just hates bua. She always roasts her and my bua deserves it. I served her water . She took the glass in her hand and said "Beta do you wish to kill me with this icy cold water ? Go and bring some water at normal temperature"

"He actually wished tum chullu bhar pani mai doob jao but you caught him anyways die some other way " said my mom with no ounce of hesitation with a sarcastic smile

( Die in a handful of water )

"Same to you darling "said my bua passing the same smile.

My maa and bua both have this cold war going on between them which my whole family is aware of.

I again went into the kitchen and fetched some normal temperature water for her. Myra by now was done with her work. She said

"Is she troubling you ? "

"Well she always does. Even her children trouble me." I said with a dull face. "Anyways it's a story for another time. Let's go. "

We both headed to our living room. Bua was now sitting examining everything in detail. Maybe searching for some fault. Maa was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she left for her room. I offered her water and sat down beside Myra who was sitting with her evergreen poker face , like a queen.

"Well you are Myra right ? " Asked bua

Myra just hummed in response, maintaining her look. She took her phone and started doing something, maybe work.

"Shouldn't you be serving water ? Like it's not good you know....your husband is working and you are just sitting. My daughter-in-law always does everything. She does even let my son pick his plate after dinner and here you are making your husband serve water. "Said bua.

Did I tell you she is the most orthodox person you'll ever meet ? Well , she is . I was about to reply when Myra kept her hand on mine , asking me to keep calm while she continued her work.