| Chapter 16 |

Target 🎯 - 20 votes ⭐

Continued from the last chapter

Authors POV

The Singh's were busy helping eachother with the arrangement. Cheeku was with their neighbours as there are many people coming here and the little puppy gets anxious with so many unknown faces. Cheeku is okay with Ritik or someone from the family is with him but due the function they can't look after him properly so they decided to keep cheeku with their neighbours who love him alot.

All the necessary arrangements were done . Mr Singh went out for some important meeting. He'll directly come for the function. Manvi took Myra and Ritik with her to her room .

Myra's POV

Mrs Singh dragged Ritik and me with her to her room. She made us sit on the bed and went towards the cupboard. She brought a jewellery box out, gave it to me and asked me to open it.

I looked at Ritik asking him what is happening . He just shrugged his shoulders indicating he does not know about it. I opened it and there was a necklace which was paired with jhumkas. It was a beautiful set . The necklace was too loud but I liked the jhumkas. I don't understand why is she giving this to me. As if hearing my thoughts she said

"This set was given to my mother-in-law by her mother-in-law and she told me to give this to my daughter-in-law. This set has the blessings of our previous generations. This set now rightfully belongs to you. Now I pass the responsibility of this household to you. I'm not burdening you okay. You and Ritik both have to take equal responsibilities. " She turned towards her son and said "You better take care of her. You also have to share equal household responsibilities. "

He nodded like a kid. After ending her small speech she gave me a smile. Her words gave me a sense of responsibility. I always think maybe she is the best mother-in-law anyone can get. I nodded and said "Aunty I'm not capable to take such a huge responsibility. Like it has been passing down from generations . It would mean so much to you. "

She chuckled and said "It does mean alot to me and that's why I'm giving it to you. You know Myra I can read people quite accurately. You may say that you don't care about anyone and whatever you say but I can read it on your face YOU DO CARE. You just mask it well and I can say why does my son love you. "

I looked at Ritik and found him already looking at me. I was staring at his eyes , trying to know what would he be thinking ? Aunty broke our eye lock by saying "Okay you already look beautiful today but I really wish if you would wear this set today. You know the jhumkas will go on your saree. "

"I will surely. Thank you for this gift."

"Okay then and I know the necklace is too loud trust me even I don't wear it but the jhumkas are great . So you can just wear that. Now I'll go and see what is your father doing." Saying so she left leaving me with Ritik.

I took a deep breath and moved towards the mirror present in the room. I'm feeling guilty for dragging them in my mess. The Singh's are just too good to me. No one ever even thinks something wrong about me. Mr Singh does not like me but he is correct though. I'll make sure I protect them with everything I have but after all this it is going to be difficult for me to leave them. I went into flashback as my conversation with Ashwin on the day he came to meet me came to my mind.

Flashback starts

"Are you sure about this Myra ?" Ashwin asked me with the envelop of the legal documents of divorce I asked him to get ready.

"I'm. I can't risk his or his family's life." I said with determination

"You know right that you have given your word that you'll give a chance to this marriage and yet you asked me to get the divorce papers ready on the day you got married. " Said Ashwin making me remember my words.