Playing With.....

(from Ei point of view) 

I woke up in the middle of the night. I needed to use the restroom, so I got up and went there. As I was returning to my room, I noticed a light on in Shahasra's room. What could he be doing in the middle of the night? Come to think of it, he's been dozing off a little lately. I think it's because he stays awake until the middle of the night. Maybe I should go and ask him. So, I went to his room and knocked on the door. There was no response, but the door was slightly open. I didn't want to peek inside, but I wanted to make sure he was alright. So, I opened the door while saying, "Shahasra, I'm coming in."

But he wasn't sleeping on his mattress; he was sleeping on his work table. I walked slowly towards him. His room was a mess, with torn papers scattered everywhere, most of them being blueprints for some kind of weapon. I took a closer look at his table, and what I saw was something I would never forget. He had drawn beautiful blueprints for a polearm, with a sword beside it. There was also a scroll showing someone using a polearm—it was me. He had memorized every moment when I was using the polearm and recreated it in his drawings. According to my body movements, he had designed a polearm that would suit my skills. It was insane. I had never heard of someone doing something like this. And as for the sword, I think it was meant for Makoto. It was equally beautiful.

 It was equally beautiful

So, all this time, he had been dozing off because of us, because of me

So, all this time, he had been dozing off because of us, because of me. I started to feel helpless in that moment. I didn't know he would go this far for us. Slowly, I knelt down before him.

"One day, I will repay you for this. Please rest now," I whispered softly. I gently wrapped him in a blanket and blew out the candle before silently leaving his room.

*********

(from Shahasra point of view)

I woke up in the morning, feeling aches in my neck and back. I yawned and removed the blanket wrapped around me. Wait, a blanket... I must have fallen asleep while working. Who in the world put a blanket around me? Maybe it was Mom. Whatever.

I looked at the blueprints I drew for Ei and Makoto. I think these are perfect for them. I think I should give them today because the forging ceremony will be held in two weeks. As for me, I haven't made my sword yet, and Ei needs to practice forging her polearm too.