Part 12: Life

With me now in my Spider costume. Above one hundred meters in the air.

"WOOHOO!" I screamed as I fell towards the ground at terminal velocity before using a web line to swing at high speeds around the city.

My heart was pounding threatening to burst from my chest as I perfectly performed flying flips and narrow dodges between cars, clothes lines in alleys and the occasional signs and billboards with holes.

I was going so fast. I needed to get Faster.

After I departed from home, I haven't stopped moving at this speed. Three minutes have passed since then. Since talking to her.

"I'm nearing OsCorp." 

My thoughts drift back to when I left.

Back to her. 

Flashback: Parker Residence

"Peter, Where do you think you are going?" Aunt May spoke to me as I made a break for the door

"I was going to OsCorp to make sure Harry was okay along with his Mom." I said as if I had practiced over a hundred times. 'I'm not the original Peter, who makes terrible lies.'

"*Sighs* Okay, I know you are worried about your friend, but be careful Peter. And please, stay out of trouble." She said and I nod my head to her.

"Of course Aunt May, I just need to go grab something from my room then I'll head out."

I head upstairs, while Aunt May looks at me with a worried expression as I run up the stairs to my room.  Aunt May then looks to MJ, as she looks to have been in thoughts about something. 

"MJ Sweety, are you Okay? You seemed to be spaced out about something." Aunt May said, a little worried for her.

Snapping her out of her thoughts, MJ then smiles and responds to Aunt May in kind tone. 

"Oh, I'm fine Ms. Parker."

Then she gets a mean look from May. MJ immediately knew she messed up and immediately corrected her words.

"I meant Aunt May! Sorry May, I just was so lost in thought that I forgot to call you that."

"It's fine sweety, I could never be mad at you dearly." Aunt May spoke, and made MJ feel more at home than before. She used to love to come and see Aunt May, she was always so nice and warm. 

Plus there was always Peter. 

Peter.

"Alright, I'm heading out!" I said, making my way towards the door once more with a backpack on my back. Aunt May paid no mind to this, but Mary Jane did.

"Peter, Wait! I'll come with you." She spoke as I was already out the door with Mary Jane hot on my tail. "Peter, wait up!"

"Sorry, Mary Jane, but I prefer to do this on my own. You should head home." I said, I didn't feel comfortable with MJ around. 'It's not like she makes me uncomfortable, it's actually the opposite. I would love to have MJ around, but there's too much history here for me to be comfortable being close to her in any way."