Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Niall's Pov

I sat on the floor with the boys as we dug into our KFC meals. Harry laughed as Louis dropped his potato and gravy all over himself while Liam quickly handed him some tissues.

"So what's new?" I asked as the boys' attentions devoted towardsy me.

"Same old same old" Zayn shrugged as I nodded.

"How's Tabitha?" Louis asked as I froze.

The boys stared at me as I awkwardly avoided their eye contact.

"Do you love her?" Harry asked seriously as I bit my bottom lip.

I do, I really really do love her. But for some reason I couldn't say it the other night.

"Yes" I admitted as the boys exchanged looks.

"Then why didn't you tell her the other night?" Liam asked.

"I, I... I dunno" I responded.

"But it's not that hard" Louis said as Harry gently nudged him.

"I know sometimes it's hard and scary to say those three words but you do love Tabitha and I know she loves you too, so you should say it" Harry said as the boys nodded in agreement.

"But I can't"

"Why not?" Zayn queried.

I pursed my lips, "I dunno"

"Do you have any idea at all to why?" Liam asked.

"No, not that I can think of" I replied.

"Vanessa?" Harry questioned as all eyes shot towards him.

"What?" Louis tiled his head.

Harry looked me deep in the eyes, "is it because of Vanessa?"

I shrugged, not knowing if it really was because of her.

"Who's Vanessa?" Liam asked.

Harry gave him a look before he nodded, not questioning again. I said nothing, just thinking back to when Vanessa was my everything.

*Flash back*

"You really think I actually loved you, ever?" Vanessa scoffed as I look at her through the tears in my eyes.

"Yeah..." I whispered as she laughed.

"I cheated on you Niall" she answered.

"I know"

"Then why did you think I still loved you?" she queried.

"Because I love you and you said you did..."

"Just because I said I did doesn't mean I actually do" she said, tugging her long black extensions onto one shoulder, "I cheated on you five times, do you still love me?"

"Yes" I admitted, looking down at the ground.

"Why?"

"Because I fell for the old you"

"Well, I've changed"

I looked into her green eyes "I was hoping you didn't"

"Well, I did and I never loved you" she repeated, shattering my heart more.

Two years, two years of thinking she loved me led to this. Five cheatings in between and I still love her. Well, the old her. The Vanessa that had healthy short brown hair and natural skin, not the fake girl she is now, plastering ten layers of makeup on everyday. I miss the old her, the one I fell in love with with the first 'hello' but she's not the same girl anymore, she's changed.