V. sad beautiful tragic

this one's dedicated to harshita_rah

Anirudh had been overjoyed when Kavya stepped into his hotel room.
Mahi before her.

Kavya drew in a deep breath as she shut the door behind her.
Another day, another impulsive decision.

Impulsive decisions had been her forte for years now. Starting from her teenage days, she had managed to wreck her life just by such impulsive decisions.

First one had been running away from home at the age of nineteen with Anirudh.
And the running hadn't stopped ever since.
Her parents had been completely aloof of her existence since a very young age. Both were working, both loved each other too much for their own good - until her mother decided to elope with her boss pushing her father into depression.
Her father turned plain abusive after that. Coming home drunk, abusing them - it was like living in hell.
Kavya had been twelve back then. Her elder sister, Kaira, sixteen. Kaira had been everything for her ever since.

"Thank you Kavya for choosing me.", Anirudh said as she smiled weakly, knowing this was another bad decision.
Mahi didn't seem to hear her biological father, too drawn into herself.
"Come Mahi, let's have something.", Anirudh said grinning as he held Mahi's hand and pulled her to the kitchen.
Mahi glanced up at her mother instantaneously and then looked away, knowing this was to no avail.

Kavya drew in another deep breath.

For years Kavya had vowed to not fall in love, not run away, like her mother.
But it's the twisted game of fate - that she became exactly what her mother was.
A home wrecker.

Kavya dragged herself to the sofa and sat back.
Before her, was Anirudh's suitcase, kept beside the door.
Anirudh had been her first boyfriend at school. Cheesy, cute, extremely rich and charming.
The rich part had attracted her the most.

Her father had been an ordinary corporate servant, but had managed to get her into a school of rich people.
She had seen others enjoy in trips, spend money, stay happy - that is where she had started vouching for money more.
Something she had connected with Vanraj over.
He too was from a very middle class background, extremely ambitious - almost blindfolded in ambition.
The first thing that pulled her towards commiting the forbidden crime.
She had realised post Anirudh, that a rich man was not enough, the man had to be ambitious and hardworking to keep the money he has.

And Vanraj had indeed proved himself.
At one point, he had been mentally unstable, jobless.. but now, he could easily afford to spend ten lakhs in a month just over travel.

But why she left Anirudh was very different. Why she chose someone as toxic as Vanraj was very very different. Something most people wouldn't understand.
Money was one factor, yes.
But there were others too.

Marrying at a young age had been a terrible decision.
After she had run away to marry Anirudh, her father had severed all ties with her.
Kiara had stayed in touch but not like before.
She had icyly realised that now she was family-less. So she had decided to stay happily with Anirudh only.

Except, men change after marriage.
Anirudh turned agreesive, there would be quarrels. She would advice him regarding his family business but he wouldn't take it. He started squandering money after the inheritance of the Gandhi wealth came in his hands.
She had started off as his assistant, but couldn't continue for too long. He had called her incapable and particularly useless, even after she completed her IIM degree.
She had been pregnant once, before - but Anirudh had casually said "I can't take the responsibility of a child now".
She too had agreed knowing her own track record of bad decisions and aborted the child.