XI. golden trio

"And day three thousand fifty one of bhabhi not showing up when she must have. What's the excuse today?", Venky asked sipping on the cold drink.
It was an office party.

Vanraj stood with his fresh lime soda, gaze fixed on the couple dancing in the centre of the hall.

"House work.", He said icyly, "As usual."
"You asked her?"
"I did.. You know I am trying to get over Mrs. Gandhi.", He said coldly.
The couple was Kavya and Anirudh.
"The Goa trip screwed you pretty much. Impressive.", Venky sighed.
"Mrs. Gandhi seems quite happy with her husband.", Vanraj said, feeling a pang of jealousy.

Had it not been for Pakhi's dance competition next day, he would have forced Anupamaa to come here wearing something decent.
Goa had been bad in every dimension. He had opened up too much to an intern, gotten drunk at a bar under the name of "live for yourself", ended up in Venky's bedroom acting like Devdas, and he realised that Kavya was exactly like Rittika.
Just that she had a better taste in music.

All of that had made his "Boss" image before Kavya a joke.
Kavya had been pleasantly surprised to find her handsome but grave boss, have the spark of charm and laughter. That had been enough motivation for her to confess her love.

The confession had pulled the carpet below Vanraj's feet, because even though he personally did feel she was perfect, he could not ruin his perfect family for "love".

Hence, now the deal was simple.
Both of them had decided to act like nothing had happened and stay "happily" with their spouses.

Except Anirudh was still a pain and Anupamaa had unending house work to deal with.

"Just tell Bhabhi that there's another woman in the picture.. I am sure she'll abandon all housework.", Venky sighed.
"Yeah. So that Bapuji personally kicks me out of the house. Why not?", Vanraj said mechanically.

Anirudh was rich, with a huge mansion, and huge investors.
But he also knew Anirudh was losing out on money now, and it won't be long before he is bankrupt.

In the openness, Kavya had mentioned about Anirudh's temper issues. She had to apparently use concealer sometimes to keep scars hidden.
This information potentially should not have affected him, but here he was drawing in cold breaths eyeing her dance with the same man.

"That glass will shatter.", Venky sighed noticing how tightly Vanraj held his glass.

Kavya was visibly just playing along with "ignore and stay happy" game.
On being rejected upfront, her self respect had been dented to a great extent. So she pretended to be happy while momentarily glancing at Vanraj, just to enjoy his frustration at her happiness.

"Stop looking at him.", Anirudh said irritably.
"I am not.", She lied.
"Openly cheating and then lying. And you expected me to not understand?", He asked roughly.
"Don't act like a saint here Anirudh. Both of us know what this so called relationship is.", She said coldly.
He pulled her closer.
"Does that guy know what a bigtime gold digger you are? You are leaving me because I am losing money.. it's a shame.", He whispered with a smirk.

"That's all you think? Just for money? Nevermind I didn't expect any better.", She said tearing her gaze off Vanraj.
"You'll have to stop being drunk to see things for what they are.", She added.

Nothing annoyed him more than the mention of his addiction from her. Especially when she had just been staring at other man with the love of lifetimes.