XIII. true love

Our field of dreams, engulfed in fire
Your arson's match, your somber eyes
And I'll still see it until I die
You're the loss of my life

loml, taylor swift.

The memories were built of gold, yet the realities made even the gold look worthless.

“This is senseless, stupid and an absolute screw up!”, She heard herself speak, half drunk in alcohol and half drunk in the drug that was her illicit boyfriend.

"Happy realisation.", The man said as she felt his arm wrap around her waist firmly so that she doesn't fall face front on the beach sand.
"You..", She said pointing at him, walking on the sea shore under the full moon,
"You have ruined me, Vanraj Shah... ", She said catching hold of his collar.
The man's lips curved into an amused smile, as he almost dragged her through the empty beach.

She abruptly slipped out of his grip and stood before him, almost a confrontation.
Still holding his collar.

"You are such a misogynistic, arrogant, narcissistic man!", She said pulling him closer.
"Oh.. I see.", He said smiling away, enjoying her "drama".
"Like see.. what you've done to me..", She whispered, "I am your dirty mistress! Eww.."

"Well, then stop being my mistress. Dump me, Kavya.", He said watching her expressions change as she released his collar.
"I hate you so much..", She said as she turned.
She was about to fall when she felt him hold her and pull her back into his arms.
"Yeah.. you hate me.", He whispered.
"Obviously.. I hate you the most! You are so annoying and loving you is ruining my life.."

"And you are still not leaving me?"
"Because..", She mumbled as she curled up in his embrace, and stood firmly.
He sighed.

This was a tantrum.
He bent and picked her up in his arms.

"You are going to worsen my back ache, Kavya.", He said irritably.
"Because of this..", She said wrapping her arms around his neck.
"Who is ever going to carry the weight of me and my sins apart from you?", She giggled.

"Why? Your ex billionaire husband?", He asked.
"Naah.. he will run away, even after claiming to love me.. but guess who will stay with anger and hatred?", She asked.

Vanraj smiled to himself.
"Oh yes.. my hot narcissistic boss.", She mumbled as she buried her face in his chest, gradually dozzing off.
She knew he would carefully take her to the room, pull the quilt over her and tuck her to bed.

Kavya opened her eyes to the beeping ECG machine.
This was definitely not on her Bucket List.
She could hear voices from a distance, probably outside the hospital cabin.

Vanraj stood, jaw clenched.
Kiara had been more than annoyed to find him here.
They had had a verbal battle all this while.

"It's better if you leave, Vanraj.", Venky said sighing.
"Why? That's my wife—"
"Oh! He remembers! See Venky, the great Vanraj Shah remembers that his wife is Kavya and not Anupamaa!", Kiara said dramatically.