Chapter 5:DE JA VU

I was working on a project in my office when my P.A Fiona walked in and gave me shocking news.

Fiona: London.. Your Trip has been finalized..

London:Huh?..What trip?..

Fiona:The place you guys will be moving to for the partnership..

London:Ok which place..Dubai,Turkey,Greece..which place.

Fiona:No.. it's Mexico.

I felt my heart drop and time slowed down.I squeezed the documents I was working on while staring at Fiona in shock..

Mexico!.. That's..

I sighed.

Where it all went down.Our love story.

(Flashback)

I was in the mall to get a red dress for my 21st birthday and when I came out of the changing room..I remember bumping into him.

The scenery was absolutely nostalgic and magical..I remember the roses from the first floor falling on both of us as he had me in his arms..staring into my eyes while I reciprocated..It was absolutely intoxicating at that moment..being that close to a stranger that I had already met in my dreams..

And from there..We fell in love.

(BACK TO THE PRESENT DAY)

I closed my eyes and came back to reality and exhaled trying to calm myself down.

London: I'm not going..tell Damien to cancel it.

Fiona:But London you..

London Didn't you hear me Fiona.

Fiona:*Sighs*..Ok..sure.

Fiona left in disappointment and I suddenly felt emotional and I could feel hot tears filling my eyes.

I put my hand on my chest remembering all my moments with Mace...how magical they were.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out rapidly reeling with the shock of the news and then I slowly steadied my breathing and wiped my tears.

What I feared..was trying to find it's way back to me.I can't let that happen..Not ever.

While I was busy with my work and lost in my thoughts.. Damien walked in.

I instantly regained myself.

London:Knock much Damien?..

Damien:Why?..

London:What do you mean by that?..So no one taught you how to knock before you enter someone's office.

Damien:Funny..as if you used to do it.Anyways, That's not why I'm here..Why do you want to cancel the trip?..

London:I don't feel like it's the right location.

Damien:Why?..El.. Mexico is a huge city..what are you afraid of?..

I broke eye contact with him immediately due to the question.

Damien:Oh I see.. you're afraid that you might see him again.I'm I right or I'm I wrong.

I looked back at him silently.

London:No.. It's not because of him.

Damien: Then why do you not want to go?..There are many companies in Mexico.. it's not only his company.And it's probably when we get there that we'll know the company we're gonna partner with.Do not panic.. it's definitely not gonna be his company.

I felt a bit relieved that Damien was sure it wasn't the De la Cruz company but deep down I couldn't help but feel like it was.

(A while later..

I was preparing to go and pick Val up from school when I slipped and hit my head.

I groaned in pain but I was able to stand up and regain my composure.

I held my head still feeling the after effects of the fall and Damien spotted me and immediately rushed to me in worry.

Damien:El are you ok?.. What happened?. There's a bruise on the side of your head.How did?..

London: Miguel.. I'm fine..I just slipped.

Damien assisted me as I walked and I felt insanely dizzy that I could barely see anything.

I turned to Damien's direction and I saw him as Mace.

I couldn't believe it and just blinked while squeezing my eyes still feeling the pain.

I looked at him once again and still saw him as Mace smiling at me and I panicked and pushed him away.

Damien was shocked by my reaction and I got my vision back and saw him as Damien again.

Damien:El?..

London: I'm sorry I..I panicked..

Damien: It's ok.. I'll drive you to the school..you look stressed and still hurting from the fall.Come on.

I followed Damien to the car and he drove to Val's school.

We both came down and he told me to wait while he brings her.I nodded still holding my head.

A few minutes past..and I was a bit surprised that Damien wasn't back with Val yet.

He came back panicked and said he looked for her everywhere but he couldn't find her.

I got worried and looked around and then I saw her from a distance.

She was in a dress that resembled the one I had left Mace with five years ago and it felt like de ja vu.. seeing her in it.

I immediately remembered how it happened those five years ago and I just stared at her with tears in my eyes while the wind ran through my hair.

She crossed her arms and stared back at me with a smile on her face.

Then I had an imagination of my past self from five years ago with the exact same dress on walk past behind Val smiling at me.

I stood there and trembled while the tears rushed down my face.