18 YOURE WELCOME HERE

No ones POV:

"you seemed to of left something behind at my place, darling."
Striker smirked down at Y/N as he dropped her phone down into the palm of her hand.

Y/N gripped the phone tightly and looked up at Striker with a harsh glare.
"how did you!-"

Striker shushed her with his finger, his hand gently caressing her cheek as he grinned.
"don't you worry your pretty little head off about that, my dear. of course i wasnt going to let my little doll get away, now was i?"

Striker chuckled softly and slowly walked into the apartment, closing the door behind him.

He looked around the apartment, flicking over cabinets in the kitchen until he found a bottle of whiskey and poured himself a glass.

He sat down on a chair and looked out the window, manspreading as he gently sipped his whiskey.
"come here, princess."

Y/N glared at him and huffed, crossing her arms.
"no."

Striker smirked and chuckled softly, his long tail curling around her waist and pulling her closer.
"what did you say, baby?"

Y/N gulped and tried to get Strikers tail off of her but his grip was too tight. she looked at him and stumbled on her words slightly.
"i.. i said no.."

Striker shook his head and tutted. he pulled Y/N down into his lap and sat her on one of his thighs, wrapping a hand around her waist and pulling her close to his chest.
"you don't mean that, do you baby?"

Y/N looked up at Striker and blushed softly. she huffed and looked away, trying to stay tough and not get swooned over by his charm and charisma.

Striker sighed and gently turned Y/N's face to look at him, his expression softening. he didn't look so tough and demanding now, his eyes were gentle and soft as he looked down at her.
"Y/N, i know what i did at the mineshaft was wrong but you gotta believe me when i say i've had time to think about it."

"you locked me in a cage, Striker! that's not very forgiving."
Y/N narrowed her eyes and kept her expression stern, crossing her arms.

Striker sighed and nodded. he put down his whiskey and took off his hat, positioning both his hands around her waist.
"i'm aware that locking someone in cage ain't the best way to try and get them to love you but you can't blame me too much i mean my father!.."

Striker trailed off as he thought about his father, gulping and sighing. he stayed quiet and looked down, keeping his gaze away from Y/N.

Y/N looked at Striker and her gaze soften. she was starting to melt underneath his softer side, her heart aching for him as she could feel how much he hurt.
"Striker?.. are you okay?"

Striker looked at Y/N with hard gaze but she could see the sadness and broken heart in his eyes.
"yeah.. yeah i'm fine.."

Striker sighed and placed Y/N back down onto the floor, standing up and grabbing his things.
"look, i should probably go.. this was a mistake coming here and i just wanted to return your phone. i didn't mean to.. uh.. frighten you.. early and everything. i just,.. i'll just go before i mess anything else up."

Striker put his hat on and covered it over his eyes, walking towards the door.

Y/N looked at him with a soft expression. she reached out and grabbed his arm before he could leave, gently tugging him back.
"You don't have to go.. i mean, you can always stay here tonight."

Striker looked down at Y/N, tilting his hat up slightly so he could look down into her eyes.
"are you sure? i don't want to pester you if i'm not allowed."

Y/N smiled and took Strikers hand, squeezing it gently.
"it's okay, don't worry. you're welcome here. i'll grab some pillow and a blanket and i'll sleep on the sofa, you can take my bed."

Striker's eyes widened and he shook his head, his eyes narrowing.
"no no no, you have you own bed. i'll be the guest and take the sofa."

This little squabble went on for a few minutes until Y/N insisted that Striker take the bed and she won't take no for an answer.
Striker though it was better just to agree that argue with her so it was all just settled.

*later that night.*

Y/N was curled up on the sofa, fast asleep, until she felt a pair of strong arms pick her up and wrap around her body.

Y/N yawned and rubbed her eyes, looking around to see who it was.

Striker had picked up Y/N and was now carrying her towards the bedroom where he placed her down in the bed and made sure she was all nice and warm.

Y/N spoke in a sleepy voice, her eyes half awake.
"i thought i said you were sleeping in the bed."

Striker chuckled and smiled down at Y/N, finding her sleepy expression and little yawns adorable.
"maybe you did, but look who's sleeping there now."

Y/N blushed slightly and yawned. she nuzzled into the bed and curled up underneath the sheets.

Striker smiled and gently kissed her forehead, stroking her back gently.
"goodnight, my princess."

Striker smiled and turned off the light, quietly leaving the room to let Y/N sleep.

I guess he has changed after all.

(928 words.)