chapter 10

SHUBMAN :

She didn't came out of her room at that night. Not even for dinner.

IS SHE ALRIGHT?
should I GO AND CHECK? Or maybe she is just avoiding me...

I didn't eat anything either. There were many thoughts messing up with my mind.

What the fuck am I doing. I'm dating someone for 4 years now. This marriage was never on my list.
I'm dating sara.. I  AM DATING SARA.. I keep reminding myself. But here I am, sitting in living room waiting for Jyotica to open the door. every time she is around I just Loose my self control... But this is not fair.. This is not fair for either of them.

for now its good that she is avoiding me, Sara is going to live in london for few more months and I'm having my first IPL  match as a captain next week, so I'll be Leaving for Ahmadabad tomorrow. I can't have distractions. I'll take care of eveything once IPL is over. That way I'll get more time to think. Yeah its good for all of us to ignore eachother...

_______________________________________

JYOTICA :

I woke up early like usual.  When I stepped out of my bedroom I saw him, sitting on a dining table with cup of tea in one hand, Properly dressed, Busy in his phone.. Kya baat hai?..

"Wanna have breakfast? " I asked,

then he looked at me and said "nope. I'm leaving in 5 minutes."

"Why so early? "

"I have a flight. Im leaving for Ahemdabad for practice. We have our first match in Wankhede next sunday so.."

"And when will you come back.?" I asked him without letting him complete.

"Depends, If we reached to the Finals then it will take one and a half month." He  said.

He is going. And that too for more than a month.

suddenly he stood up and start wearing his shoes, took his luggage And i was just standing there looking at him without saying anything.

When he was all set he walked towards our main door and slowly turned towards me.

"My phone is always ON, so you can call me anytime. And if I'm not answering it means I'm on ground so text me and I'll get back to you later. I've called shahleen, She'll be here in few days to give you company. you can call your parents here if you want." He said. But his expression are different. Just like he wanna say something more.

"Ok" I said.

He gave me a faint smile and left. I stood there for a minute extra staring at now empty  door.

He is Gone...

What is this feeling? Last night i was ignoring him and now, its not even one minute and my heart is aching. I don't like this feeling.

We stayed together for so many months now ofcourse its out of habit. Nothing else.

I wanted to Give him a hug when he was leaving.

SHUBMAN:

I really wanted to hug her. I Don't know but this feels like a Good bye.. I noticed her expressions when i announced that I was leaving. She didn't want me to go.  I can see the need in her eyes everytime we are together. God she is precious. She indeed deserve all happiness in this world. But this is for her own good.

Deep down inside I know this month is going to be the longest month of my life..

_______________________________________

JYOTICA :

why this week is a month long..

It's so boring without him. It's been two days and 0 texts from him. But I'm not missing him.

He is everywhere. On news, on social media, in my office, everyone is talking about shubman, shubman and SHUBMAN.

But my house feels empty. I dont feel like going home anymore.. I'm even skipping dinner from last two days. half of my life I've lived all by myself but Just one month with him and now i am so dependent on him.

I was so lost in my thoughts when doorbell ranged. I opened the door and it was mr. And mrs. Gill with shahneel standing in front of me with wide smile on their faces.

"Are auntyji " I was indeed surprised.

I hugged them and let them in.

They all settled on a couch.

"Shubman didn't  Inform me about this. Sorry i haven't prepared anything for you. Let me just...."

"Actually beta, he didn't have any Idea about we being here." Mrs Gill spoke.

"yes bhabhi, he actually called me to be here just to give you company, but we thought He's going to play his first match as a captain in mumbai, so let's give him a surprise." Shahneel said.

Mr. Gill : "How are you beta? Is everything fine?"

"Yes uncle" i replied.

"What is this uncle and aunty? Call us mammi papa beta 'tu bhi toh hamare bacche jaisi hai"

"Umm..Ok aunty..sorry...  Mammiji"

"Better" she Chuckeled.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.

On dinner :

Mrs Gill : "We are going to watch him play. God I'm so excited.

Shahneel : "bhabhi why don't you come with us too"

Mr. Gill : " ye kya baat hui. She is his wife, she will definately come ..

"No papa.  I don't think it's a good idea, you know we are not supposed to announced it now." I said.

Shahneel : Haan toh konsa biwi bankar jana hai. You come with us na. I'll introduced you as my Friend.

Me: But fir.....

Shahleen : I don't know anything bhabhi, you are coming with us. Im getting you a ticket too, Imagine shubman's face when he'll see you in crowd... Ha ha. It'll be fun. I can't wait.

"Ok" i agreed. Now I really want to see his surprised face.

Mrs. Gill was admiring our cute banter with the smile on her face.

.

.

.

After dinner mrs Gill showed me all of the presents she bought for us. She didn't get to gift me anything on our wedding. So she bought a lot of things. Clothes, jewellery, makeup. Everything.

Day's been going pretty fast now. Rest of the week felt like nothing with his family. They are super fun and cool all the time.