chapter 20

SHUBMAN :

I literally ran out of my study room. Right now in my car, driving to somewhere very far.

Is she stupid?

Did she had any idea how much alimony i was offering her?

Why can't she simply accept that?

Somewhere it must've helped me to ease my Guilt. But again when she said,

"Mera pati mera nhi raha toh uske paiso ka main kya karu? "

I saw vulnerability in her eyes. She is in pain. The mask I had on my face would've fall if i didn't got out of that room immediately. I drove to a bar at freaking 11 at morning... Ordered  whiskey to ease my thoughts.

I remember when I called mom about this Divorce thing. She was shocked, because they indeed thought everything is okay between us but later when i explained her everything she didn't approved but atleast she agreed. I avoid talking to papa about this on purpose. I know he'll ask me thousand questions. Who's answer even i might not know.

Can't believed we are divorced now. She can finally be free. My baby is finally  free.

..

..

..

..

I made myself busy. I wanted to distract myself with something so I Called some friends to Hangout with me. I'm still a Little bit drunk at this point but not too much. I looked at my wristwatch it was 11:30 pm. So i left for home.

I reached home. Everything was so quite. She must be sleeping right now. But the urge of seeing her got me out of her bedroom. Just one look, just one. I won't even enter in her bedroom. just a look and I'll go back to my own room.

I slowly turned the doorknob and my eyes started looking for her.

Her bed was empty... Not just her bed but the entire room was Dark and empty.

I stepped in.. I went to check bathroom but she wasn't there too.

No way..

SHE LEFT.

To where??

Her cosmetics, skincare, perfumes everything was gone. Her closet was empty. we used to live in different bedrooms anyway, so finding her a new place simply never came to my mind.

Room was so empty like no one has ever lived in that room before. Like it was never belonged to her.

Suddenly I Noticed a white box on her bedside table. I hurriedly reached to that box and opened it. I felt a pang of hurt in my heart. It was our WEDDING RING, HER MANGALSUTRA and the NECKLESS that I gave it to her.

She indeed took nothing with her.

I sat on the edge of her bed. This bed was the only witness of the nights we've shared. Her blushed cheeks everytime I used to kiss her. How excited she was when i took Her to our day out. And now I'm all alone in this entire house. Just like it used to be 7 months ago. But why is it hurting too much?

I fall on my back on her bed. God.. The sheets still smells like her. I closed my eyes and let those tears fall. They've been on edge since a week. I took out my phone from my pocket to call her but stopped, isn't this what I've wanted. I know she is the responsible person. She would never make any reckless decision. Wherever she is I know she is safe.

..

..

..

..

I don't know when i fell asleep but phone in my pocket woke me up with an alarm.  I was sleeping in the same position. I got out of that bedroom, went to my own, got ready for practice and as always i turned to looked at that particular spot where my breakfast used to take place. It wasn't there anymore. She isn't here anymore. My heart sank with that thought and i got out of my apartment as soon as possible.

No.. No... NO....

Just sometime... I need to give it some time. It's happening out of habit...

I'll get used to it soon... Right??

_______________________________________

JYOTICA :

The moment he dashed out of that room i left that room too. I was so mentally exhausted that all i want was just go to my bedroom.

MY BEDROOM.

IS IT STILL BELONGED TO ME?

Suddenly the whole house start feeling unfamiliar. Like this place never belonged to me. It was my Husband's right? I came here because of my Husband right? He is not my Husband anymore, so does this place still belong to me? And the answer was very clear.

I went in my bedroom. Packed my bags. Not just my things but my memories, my feelings, my life from last 7 months. Everything I'm taking with me because I know they won't get valued here.

Was about to get out of bedroom when my eyes fell on the ring on my finger.. Why is it still here? I took it off. The mangalsutra and his necklace was still in my cupboard. I took both of the things out, put them in a box and placed it right beside my bed. I took my luggage to living room. I took one last look of that entire apartment.

It was the house I thought as,

'MY HOME.'

Still looking at entire apartment like I'm capturing it in my mind. I knew I'll never be here ever again. The house where I spend most precious moments of my Life with
'HIM'. They are enough for me to spent The rest of my Life. But again those moments when i saw him kissing 'HER'.

Did you really thought you'll break me SHUBMAN GILL??

If 'yes' then YOU'RE wrong.

I'll be the strongest person. I have to.

I'll be better off without HIM...

'WE' will be better off without him....

I rubbed my hand on my flat belly. A faint smile appeared on my face. I took hold of my luggage and stepped out of HIS Apartment. I stepped out of his LIFE.

..

..

..

..