chapter 31

..

..

..

..

"She is in a Coma."

The moment Doctor said that my world crashed right in front of me. My knees felt week. I was about to dropped on the floor when rohit bhaiyya held me tight.

"Her body isn't responding to anything. All we can do is to wait and hope for the Best Mr. Gill. " she said and left.

The Baby was delivered into the premature state so he was soon taken to the intensive care unit under observation, atleast for some days.

How things turned out to be like this?
It's just because of me.
I pushed her away.
I left her.......
No...

Rohit Bhaiyya stayed with me for some hours more and then with heavy feet, he left. Aman and his girlfriend took care of all the baby things. Formula, diapers, clothes, napkins etc.

Jyotica was soon taken to the general room. it was almost midnight. Everything was so silent.  Just the little beep of her Monitor was audible. I walked to her. Her face was pale. Eyes closed. Oxygen mask on her  mouth. She was sleeping peacefully. She's not in some coma. I know. She's just taking rest after giving birth to the most beautiful creature. I know. She went through so much pain. Ofcourse she needed rest. Right.

I leaned towards her and pecked her forehead.

My Baby.

Tears started flowing from my eyes. I never wished things to turned out like this.

Never........

..

..

..

Didn't know when the sun came up but Aman's little tap on my shoulder woke me up.

"They're Here." He said.

Mamma, papa, shahneel and her Parents... Are here.

I met them at the front gate.

"How the hell is this happened?" Papa asked.

Rather than giving them any answer, I asked them to follow me.

I took them to the ward where my baby boy was kept under observation.

The moment I pointed at the baby. Our parents ran towards him with teary eyes and that little creature was just looking at them with admiration.

"It's a Baby Boy. Ours. She was pregnant. "

I said that but I don't think they listened.  They were too lost in introduceding themselves to the baby, Like he's really going to remember them.

shahneel came towards me with teary eyes,

"Papa haan...? Can't believe I'm bua now. You were way ahead of the time I think. By the way how's Jyotica?" She asked.

But She was treated with silence.

When they were all finished with their turns to take baby, I finally took them to the room where the mother of my Child was.

The moment they entered, they ran towards Jyotica. Too puzzled to understand anything.

I can sense They had many questions in their mind. They looked at me for answers and I explained them everything.