||04|| One Night Stand

||T A E H Y U N G||

After three days immersed in the warmth of family, I returned home with a sweet surprise for Binna: a box of delectable brownies.

The moment I stepped into the house, my princess's eager voice echoed, "Hi, Daddy!! Did you bring something for me?"

Greeting her with a smile, I presented the tempting treat: "Yes, princess, here are your brownies." Handing over the box, I encouraged, "Now go to your room and enjoy."

With a nod, she darted out, her excitement trailing behind her. These days, I've been making an effort to do everything I can for my family, including taking them out, cooking for them, and even getting special treats for them.

It's a way to express my love and care, creating moments of joy and bonding. As I witnessed Binna's delight, I felt a sense of fulfillment in being able to bring happiness to my loved ones.

Entering my room, I found Jennie reclined on the bed. As she gracefully rose, she inquired with a mix of curiosity and concern, "Did you get money from your boss?"

The atmosphere in the room shifted, laden with unspoken emotions, leaving the question lingering in the air. "I didn't get a cash advance. Maybe at the end of the month," I said while looking at her.

She erupted, shouting, "I heard that before. You keep on saying at the end of the month! Then it will be next month, and then next year! We're just fooling each other!"

In response, I raised my voice, saying, "Isn't our relationship more important?

She shouted at me and looked so hateful. "Have you ever thought that we're just prolonging this? We're just forcing this! We shouldn't have started in the first place!"

My gaze bore the weight of pain as I asked, "Do you regret it? Do you regret having Binna? Don't you?"

She glared at me, delivering a harsh response: "Maybe we would both have a better life if you weren't with me; maybe we could even graduate!"

The room hung heavy with the bitter echoes of our unspoken regrets. Silence enveloped us, punctuated only by the echoes of our heated words.

The weight of our regrets lingered in the air, casting a shadow over the room. I looked at Jennie, her eyes reflecting a mix of frustration, disappointment, and a hint of longing.

In a quieter tone, I murmured, "Maybe we're stuck in a cycle we can't break, but Binna deserves better than this."

The acknowledgment of our daughter's presence hung between us, a reminder of the shared responsibility that tied us together.

Jennie's gaze softened momentarily, but the tension persisted. She sighed. "We're trapped in a life we didn't choose."

a sentiment that echoed the trapped emotions within both of us. "You want me out of your life?" I asked, as she replied, "I just want to get back the life I have lost!"

In frustration, I retorted, "I've been working my ass off, but it's never enough for you! What else do you want?"

The room resonated with the echoes of unmet expectations and the weight of unspoken desires, creating a palpable atmosphere of discontent.

With a heavy heart, I started taking out my clothes and methodically packing them. The room seemed to close in on us as the weight of the decision hung in the air.

Breaking the silence, I uttered, "Maybe I'll come two months later, and you won't see my face, but I will transfer money into your account."

Each piece of clothing I folded carried a fragment of our shared history, and the act of packing became a symbolic representation of the disintegration of our life together.