||15|| Pain

||T A E H Y U N G||

One week has passed since I last heard the voice of my love, Lisa. Despite my deep feelings for her, I refrained from expressing my love due to the perceived differences between us.

The days have become shrouded in sadness, and I can no longer avoid facing Lisa. I've decided to confess my emotions, even if she may not reciprocate, and I am prepared to bear any hatred she might harbor.

Today, I assembled a gift box with the watch she had given me, a symbolic gesture reflecting the passing of time without her. As I gazed into the mirror, my reflection seemed broken and worn.

Summoning courage, I left my room, bag in hand, and encountered Jennie in the kitchen, engaged in conversation with a maid.

The weight of my emotions compelled me to open up to Lisa and confront the fear that had kept me at a distance.

Perhaps she won't understand, and I am prepared for the possibility of her disdain. These days, I've resorted to smoking and drinking, feeling a sense of destruction within myself.

Now, it's time to face the consequences of my actions and lay bare the truth to Lisa, regardless of the outcome.

Approaching Jennie, I uttered, "I'm heading to work now; perhaps I'll come back later or maybe tomorrow. Do you need anything?" She sighed and replied, "Nothing; you can go." Exiting the house, I mounted my bike and rode towards Lisa's residence with a sense of trepidation.

Upon arrival, I parked the bike, grasped the bag, and approached her door. Knocking, Jisoo opened it, nonchalantly remarking, "Oh, you, come." Nodding, I walked in, and Jisoo suggested, "Well, you both need to talk privately, so it's better if you go to her room. She is sleeping in her room, and her condition is not fine, so kindly don't give her more stress. I don't want my sister to get worried about anything."

I nodded again, but before I could move, Jisoo added a mocking and hurtful phrase: "Congratulations, you're becoming a father again." Silently enduring her words, I closed my eyes in pain.

I walked out looking back, even facing Lisa's sister. They both trusted me; as far as I know, Jisoo's sister trusted me that maybe I'd keep her sister happy, but I broke this and ruined everything around me.

Entering Lisa's room, I found her peacefully asleep yet visibly devastated. Gently, I caressed her face and whispered, "Lisa." Startled, she woke up, embracing me unexpectedly, saying, "I knew you'd come for me; I knew."

Nuzzling each other's necks and feeling so relaxed in her arms like I was in heaven, I sobbed. I just hold her in my arms. I find peace, but suddenly the moment shifts abruptly when she pushes me away, her eyes ablaze with rage, her eyes filled with pain.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded. I retrieved the gift box and keys from my bag, placing them on her table. "I just want to return this to you. Since you're already here, let's talk," I said, attempting to initiate a conversation.

She shouted, "There's no need!" I replied, holding back tears, "I just dropped by to return this, to explain."

She seized my collar, asserting, "You owe me at least that! Just lie to my face! The thing is, your boss has already told me about it. At least he had told me."

I attempted to grasp her, but she jerked away, inflicting a pain I'd never felt before. The ache consumed me, and I longed to hold her again and feel her presence.

"Lisa, I also don't know how that happened. I didn't do anything, but she told me she was pregnant for many months, but she didn't tell me due to her reasons, which I didn't understand, but still, Lisa, she is having my baby, but Jennie needs me right now," I confessed, a heavy disappointment lingering in my words. I didn't want to hurt her; I wanted her back in my arms.