||08|| Lap Dance

||T A E H Y U N G||

//The Next Night// *At taxi station head office/hostel room*

Last night was comforting as I slept with her again, but I'm uncertain how long this will continue. Lisa seems to like my physical presence, and I can sense the chemical effects on both of us.

Unsure of where this may lead, I'm grappling with what I truly need in my life.

My days and thoughts are entangled with various concerns and regrets. I recognize this situation as a form of cheating, and I anticipate it will conclude when Lisa finds someone else or gets married.

However, I'm aware that my life might return to the same state, with us becoming strangers once more.

"I always wonder why I keep reminding myself that Lisa and I are not meant to be," I mused, the ache in my heart palpable. "Perhaps it's for my own sake, to shield myself from the pain of wanting something I can't have. But why does it hurt so much?"

As the night settled in, casting a soft glow across my room, I reclined on my bed, lost in my thoughts. Just then, the familiar melody of my cellphone's ringtone pierced the silence, breaking the rhythm of my contemplation.

I picked up the call and heard the voice coming through. "Hi Taehyung, how are you?" Lisa's voice, sweet and familiar, filled the air.

In the hushed room, I responded with a soft smile, "I'm fine. How about you? What are you up to?" There was a gentle pause before her laughter spilled through the phone.

"Taehyung, I want to go to the club," she declared with an air of spontaneity. "If you're free, can I come to your place to pick you up? Let's have some fun-drinks, dancing, and some fuck. Maybe. I was getting bored, and my sister was out due to her work, and tomorrow's Sunday, but I know you're busy, but trust me, we'll be back, and don't worry, the bills are on me." Her words hung in the air, an invitation to a night filled with unknown possibilities.

"I'll come over." I reluctantly agreed, my male ego stung by the thought of letting her pay for it, especially after she had already given me an expensive watch. "But don't worry about the bills; I'll cover it." I have my pride, and it hurt when she wanted to pay for the club.

Lisa chuckled appreciatively. "Oh, no worries, Taehyung. You're such a gentleman. I know you didn't say no because that's the kind of person you are. Why are you so good?"

Painfully, I chuckled in response. "I'm just going with the flow, Lisa, trying to figure things out in my life. I am not a good man." The weight of my words hung heavily in the air, a reminder of the internal struggles I faced.

Apologetically, she responded, "I'm sorry if I disturb you. I don't want to make you feel anything, Taehyung. I know we have no relationship. We're not friends, not even strangers. We're just physical partners. But, truth be told, we need each other. I want to be honest with you. What I need from you is to come. Please, I promise I won't bother you next time."

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I replied, "Sure, get ready. You can come." Lisa ended the call, and I made my way to the vanity, grabbing my jacket.

As I put on the watch she gifted me, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and decided to tidy up a bit.

I fixed my hair, adjusted my appearance, and added a hint of fragrance. Retrieving my cigarette box and taxi keys, I exited the room and made my way out.

I waited outside the room for her, scanning the taxi stand for any sign of her arrival. As I waited for her beneath the streetlight's glow, an unexplainable restlessness stirred within me.