||13|| Pregnant?

1 WEEK LATER

||T A E H Y U N G||

I prepare my bag for going home. Heading home after months, I checked myself before getting ready. Picking up the wristwatch Lisa gifted me, I wore it; it perfectly matched my taste.

Lisa had asked me to think about our relationship, and I'm scared my decision might hurt my daughter and Jennie. What if Jennie doesn't want to be with me?

Nevertheless, I'll try harder to make things better for everyone. Holding my bag, I walked out of my small room, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. Climbing on my bike, I started to drive, contemplating the journey ahead.

After an hour of riding, I parked my bike and entered my home with the spare key that I had always had with me. No one was there, so I placed my bag on the table. Suddenly, I heard Jennie opening the door to her room.

She said, Look at me. "Finally, you've decided to come home to us. I needed to go out yesterday; you didn't even bother to tell me where you were. And where will you go? I needed to borrow some cash, but you're not here. I've already given countless promissory notes to Binna's school. I already borrowed from your cousin. Just pay Jungkook back."

I looked at her in confusion, having given her almost all my salary. I responded, "You shouldn't have waited for the due date. I know the principal. I should have just talked to him instead! I've already done my part, and yet you're still mad? My point is, you should have waited for me! Jennie and I even transferred money into your account."

She shouted at me, "That's exactly what I've been doing! And I'm so sick and tired of waiting for you! I stopped living the life I had for nothing! And I need to see many things in my house. Thank you for just giving me money. I have a maid, but that's not enough, Taehyung. Still, we don't have our own house."

In a surge of anger, I exclaimed, "You have a family! You have a house to live in!" Jennie shot back, her voice carrying the weight of frustration: "Under the roof of a rented house! Rely on the help of your cousin while you're not around! We are such a burden to him!"

Trying to calm myself down, I said, "You should have told me, as you know, that I try to work hard just to fulfill your needs, Jennie. But they are doing it willingly! And if you want, I won't bother you much. Instead, I'll also buy our house. Just give me some time, Jennie."

She shouted at me, "Don't you feel ashamed?! Don't you have any pride left?" I shouted back, throwing the glass off the table. "You're the only one who's ashamed of me! What do you think of yourself?"

She retorted, "Do you know what others are saying about you? You're such trash! Worthless! You're such a burden! Useless!"

I was about to raise my hand and sternly say, "I said enough! That's enough." Realizing I was about to go too far, I tried to compose myself and said, looking at her, "Jennie, if you don't want to live with me, then it's fine. You can leave my life, and I'll handle myself and my daughter. Where is Binna?"

She retorted, looking at me, "She is in school, and you are a cheap man. Now, you've ruined my life and are asking me to leave."

I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my composure. "Jennie, I never intended to ruin anyone's life. I want what's best for Binna, and if that means you are happier without me, then I respect your decision. But I won't allow disrespectful words to be thrown around."

Jennie scoffed, "Respect? You lost that a long time ago. I don't need your pity or your money. Binna and I will be just fine without you."

Feeling a mix of frustration and sadness, I said, "I understand you're upset, and maybe leaving is the best option. Let's discuss how we can make this transition smoother for Binna. It's not about pity; it's about doing what's right for everyone involved." Jennie shot me a glare. "Don't pretend like you care now. Just leave us alone."