9

Ayanna Laniya Smith

"So..do you and my daughter have something going on?" Her mom asked.

.
.
.
My heart dropped to my ass. I didn't know if her mom knew she was lesbian or not. So i just froze for a second.
"I-I what?! N-no of course we don't have anything going on" i said stuttering almost every word.

She looked at me like I was dumb.
"Honey I know you guys have something going on I seen the way you looked at each other outside."
Well damn i thought to myself.
"Im fine with you guys liking each other but you need to promise me something." She said leaning closer to me since i was sitting a little bit farther away.
"Yes maam of course."
"Promise me you wont break her heart, I want whats best for her no matter who she likes and you seem like a very sweet girl, so do you promise?"
I nodded my head "Yes maam i promise you I wont break her heart."
I started tearing up because her mom really seems to care about her feelings.
(warning, talk abt her n her mom's relationship. also boring so skip if u want). Me and my mom may seem like we have a good relationship but thats not the case. When I was younger she would come home drunk every night cussing me out and slapping me anytime that she can. I always felt like she hated me and never understood why i deserved that and still don't understand why i deserved that. Shes calmed down a bit but sometimes she goes back to her old ways. My mom is very judgmental, she has to comment on every single word that comes out of my mouth at this point i wish i was mute and deaf so that lady would shut the hell up. I came to the conclusion that I will never tell her that im a lesbian can you blame me?? I mean that lady would crash the fuck out. But enough mom talk.
.
.
.
"Sweetheart why are you crying?" her mom asked concerned.
I looked up at the ceiling trying to hold back tears.
"Its nothing." i said sniffling while wiping my nose.
"Im a mom I know when something's wrong, whats going on." she said.

"My mom doesn't care about me as much as you care about Mari...and no im not jealous but*sniffles* why does she hate me?", i said not being able to hold my tears anymore.

"Hey hey it's okay." she said holding me in a tight hug.
"And im sure your mother doesn't hate you. If you ever need someone to talk to im here okay?" she said rubbing my back.

"Okay", i said with a genuine smile.

I heard steps coming down the stairs.

"Hey im ready...what happened?".She said staring at me with a sad face.

"Its nothing it doesn't matter".I said getting up so we can leave.
"Thank you Ms. Davis". I said waving bye.
"Ill see you later Momma". Mari said giving her mom a hug.

We left her house and started walking to mine since it wasn't too far.

We finally made it to my house.
I opened the door and my mom was sitting in the couch watching tv.

"Hey mom Mari's here." i said softly.

My mom greeted Mari with a hug and a genuine smile.

Mari was acting surprised because this is only the second time of them meeting but i didn't pay much attention to it.

"So what do you girls plan on doing?" My mom asked.

"Im not sure probably watch a movie or something. Mari what do you wanna do?"I asked.

She just stood there picking at her fingers.
"Uhm im not sure whatever you want to do is fine."

We both went up to my room and got comfortable on my bed.

I connected my phone to the speaker playing Promises by Jhene Aiko.

Mari was acting weird the entire time.

"Baby is something wrong?" i asked her wondering why she was so nervous.

She looked like she didn't want to be here to be honest.

"No no im fine." she said softly. Playing with her fingers.

I grabbed her hand making her look at me.
"You can tell me if something's bothering you i promise." I said.
"Well its not about me I just wanted to know what happened earlier."

I looked at her confused. "When you were talking to my mom."
I nodded in response."Its a long story." i said wanting to move on.
She just looked at me with an attitude and turned with her back facing me.

"Mari baby don't do this." I said begging her to face me.

"Then dont shut me out Ayanna." she said aggressively.

I looked at her with a sad face."Fine ill tell you."

Her facial expression relaxed.

"The reason I was crying earlier is because me and my mom dont have a good relationship. I felt like she always hated me most of my life mainly cuz she would hit me and yell at me for no reason. It once got so bad I had to go to the hospital since i was beat so bad." i said tearing up a bit. Mari looked at me with a sad face I can tell she felt guilty.

She pulled me into a hug. My head laying on her chest. I just cried and cried."Its okay baby." She said rubbing my back.
.
.
.
.
Kamaris Pov

Yana just told me whats been bothering her with her mom and I genuinely felt so bad. My baby shouldnt have went through that no one should.

She just cried into my shirt, Ive never seen her like this before and it was genuinely sad.

"Mama are you hungry?" I asked getting no response but light snores.

I smiled at the sight of her sleeping on me she was so cute.

Since I couldn't move i just decided to go to sleep too.
.
.
.
.
authors note:This was very much emotional I NEEDED SOME EMOTION OK. But my imagination hasn't really been doing its thing for the past few days so yea.💋