IS THIS MY LIFE

"Hey babe, you gotta wake up Gabby's here to take you home"

I groaned and turned my head out of Paige's chest slightly to look up at her.

"How long was I out?"

"A couple hours"

"Paige! Why didn't you wake me up"

Paige laughed and I gave her as big of a shove as I could considering the way we were laying.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't wanna ruin your nap you seemed to be going in and out the whole time we were here"

"Wait. You said Gabby was here?"

"Yes sis I've been stood here a while"

I jumped away from Paige and nearly flew off the bed at the sound of Gabby's voice.

"¿Realmente tenías que hacer eso? Puedo cuidar de mí mismo, Gabby ,"

"AJ Solo quiero asegurarme de que estés bien"

"Gabby i'm not a baby"

"Yeah yet you collapsed on the field about a month ago"

I could see the look on Paige's face sour at the mention of it and mine probably didn't look too far off.

"What too soon?"

"Gabby just go wait at the car I'll be out in a minute"

"Too soon, got it, don't be too long I have things to do"

I rolled my eyes and flipped her off but she was already too far gone to acknowledge it.

"Sorry about her she doesn't really have a filter between her mouth and brain"

Paige's face brightened and she let out a little giggle.

"Yeah I caught that, will I see you soon?"

"Of course you will, but I really gotta go or Gabby will try to strangle me or drag me out or both"

Paige's face seemed to drop a little so I gave her a soft kiss and gently ran my hand through the back of her hair.

"I'll see you soon okay?"

"If there's more of that in my future soon isn't fast enough"

Gabby started honking and shouting out the car window so I knew it was about time I left, Paige and I laughed at Gabby's antics before exchanging a quick hug and me bolting for the door.

I ran out to Gabby's car and got into the car

"God you really had to come to Paige's house this is absurd"

"AJ I didn't mean to, I just..... I'm worried "

"I'm fine Gabs I've been eating and taking my medication you don't need to worry about me I promise"

Gaby had a tear roll down her face

"AJ I can't lose you.. I just can't. I won't be able to survive this seeing you collapse and being in the hospital scared the living shit out of me. So please AJ listen to me when i say imagine how much pain Paige would be in if you died."

I was silent the whole ride home as we pulled into the driveway. I got my skateboard out of the back and went inside I walked in the door and my dad was standing in the living room.

"ALEXANDRA JADE CAMPOS... YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HOME BY NOW.. WHERE WERE YOU"

I look down at the ground

"AJ ANSWER ME WHEN I TALK"

"I was at...."

Before i could finish my sentence Gabby said

" oh she was at her girlfriend house"

" EXCUSE ME"

" you had to open your mouth"

"YOUR WHAT!!"

" AJ you didnt tell him?"

I start to turn away and I feel a pressure on my arm, I turn my head back to see that my dad has lunged forward and grabbed me by the arm.

"DON'T YOU TURN YOUR BACK TO ME."

I roll my eyes and try to get out of his grip and then suddenly he's face to face with me both shoulders in his grasp.

" RICHARD GET OFF OF HER RIGHT NOW"

My mom gives him the death stare he lets go and I feel myself fall to the ground Gabby comes to help me up but I push her away as i head for the stairs I hear her shout

" AJ.."

I turn to look at my sister with tears in my eyes

"Don't you think you have done enough"

I head up to my room, lay in my bed, and scream in my pillow. Then I hear my phone go off and see that Paige texted me. But I don't have it in me to respond so i just go to bed.