S2 E8 - To Catch a Leaf

MK had the hiccups. It shook the entire street to the point Pigsy was flipped on his head. Once he pulled himself up he said "This is the worst case of hiccups I've ever seen! How'd it happen?"

Mei slid over "So remember how you told MK not to enter that beef ball eating contest?" She pulled out her phone.

Pigsy's brows furrowed "Under no circumstances, yeah." and the phone was pushed into his face.

MK struggled to speak though his hiccups. "Five hundred beef balls in five minutes!" he put both thumbs up and then spun around, flexing. "Yeah, boy!" Then he was launched into the ceiling by another hiccup.

"Yeah, we think they might have been cursed." The next hiccup broke Mei's phone screen, revealing a purple cat demon with glowing red eyes.

MK muttered something about the beef balls being good but Pigsy wasn't having it. "MK, of all the thoughtless adventure set ups you could think of, this takes the cake!"

"We tried everything!" Mei pulled MK out of the roof. "I tried rubbing his belly, giving him a good scare," she was suddenly dressed as a ghost, quickly running out of the costume which fell to the floor "and hitting all his pressure points but nothing worked!" Another hiccup. This one sounded painful. "Oh, oh, Mr. Tand," Mei slid over to the man peacefully eating his noodles. "You gotta know some ancient techniques for, uh, food poisoning curses, right?"

Both teens elbowed Tang "Right, noodle guy? Huh? Huh?" MK pestered.

Sandy appeared out of nowhere, pushing both of them apart, Mei letting out a soft woo as she slipped onto the floor "I find when I'm not doing so hot, a special brew of tea perks me right up!"

"Oh, Sandy is in this one, I see."

Another hiccup, this one sparking everything electric. "Uh, Sandy, something tells me that a bit of loose leaf ain't gonna help us in this particular scenario !" Pigsy explained while looking at everything in his shop that was now toppled over.

"Don't underestimate the power of the tea leaves!" Sand pushed the table off himself, reaching into his beard and pulling out a book "Besides, I'm not talking about any old tea." He opened the book to the page with a golden-red flower, one with a white brim and a glowing middle. "I'm talking about tea made from the leaf of the wild Crimson Jimsonweed.'' The next page had someone meditating, the flower on a hill that was almost between their legs, and the person was sitting in the middle of some glowing circles. "An ancient and powerful flower said to have influence over mortality itself!" The last page had hands reaching towards the flower, the magic circle around it this time was blue. "In the wrong hands? Deadly. In the right ones?" he slammed his hands against the counter "Deadlier."

Tang raised an eyebrow at the gentle giant "Uh, we're not trying to kill him, Sandy. We just wanna cure his hiccups."

"Cure, kill, you say potato, I say potato. However, the Crimson Jimsonweed only grows in the mystic jungle of the Emerald Lynx. so who's gonna get it?" Sandy looked around the room, both Pigsy and tang glared at him while the kids had apparently passed out. "What? No, no, no, no, no! I'm strictly a "water adventure" kinda guy."