Waking up

"I think you should fight that knight to escape. Let's try that."

"Huh, but I don't have any powers."

"Well, we have to try that."

"Ok"

Anurag walked closely to the knights, But as he was near him, his legs started to tremble.

Thunder crashed, and the knight's blade slashed through the air, striking Anurag down in despair.

"I can't do it."

"Wha, what do you mean? It's a dream; how can you not win?" With a voice raised, frustrated

"He... is too strong for me; they all look like that stupid shadow knight."

"Shadow knight? You know he is not a problem for us now, remember? Then why are you afraid?"

"Ok, I will try again." Anurag gritted his teeth, stood up, and ran to the knight, somehow manifesting a sword and trying to attack.

The same thing happened again; he fell again and said, "I can't do it."

"Well, the last time you said that you didn't have a sword, now you do; try again and again and until you get confident."

"Trr, try again? No, this can't be."

"Whah, what can't it be?"

"THIS IS A NIGHTMARE." Anurag started running back and forth while his hands were on his head.

"You didn't realise that? That's the point." Ajay confused

"No, I get it; I have to fight the knight again and again, just like the last time."

"Oh, I get it, but should you really? I think this is a lucid dream where you are the one creating the nightmare by yourself. I don't think this is your trying hard enough."

"No, it's over; I don't want to do that again." Anurag sat down.

"I get it. It's manipulating you to be afraid, Anurag. If you are confident, you will defeat this guy in no time.

"No, I can't," Anurag's voice tinged with terror.

"You don't have to fight him hard. Just believe in yourself. There is nothing you can't do in your dream."

"Dream? Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think it's this dream's power or something. Let me try; I completely believe in myself."

"Yeah, that's the way."

Anurag rose to his feet. He locked eyes with Abhishek and his knights. "No matter the odds," he declared, "I will emerge victorious against you."

He sprinted to Abhishek, conjured a sword, attacked, and blocked his attack. Then Abhishek said, "I can do this all day." Anurag was stunned and went back. "No, I won't win."

"NO YOU IDIOT, THIS IS YOUR DREAM; YOU ARE THE KING; BELIEVE IN YOURSELF," Ajay shouted.

Anurag looked at the side of Ajay and smiled. "Yes, I will," he affirmed.

With renewed determination, Anurag lunged at Abhishek once more, slicing through his defenses. But Abhishek's mocking words echoed in his mind, sowing seeds of doubt and despair.

"Why am I even living?" Anurag's voice cracked as tears welled in his eyes.

Time seemed to slow as Abhishek advanced, ready to deliver the final blow. But then, a voice cut through the darkness, urging Anurag to fight back.

"Don't cry. You're just depressed. Now fight against it. Turn around," the voice whispered.

Anurag turned to face Abhishek once more, a fire igniting within him. With a determined glare, he slashed at his foe, a newfound strength surging through his veins.

"You will never defeat me... At least not in my dream," Anurag declared boldly.

And with that proclamation, Anurag awoke, the darkness fading away as he emerged from the depths of his own mind.

The atmosphere changed. The shadow knights withered away, and Ajay and Anurag woke from the dream.

"I guess it's Karthik's turn." Anurag stood up.

"Yeah, I will transfer your consciousness too; let's go."

They both went in and saw Karthik dashing around and making fun of Fastrack.

Ajay went to Karthik and asked why you couldn't wake up.

"Oh, that's probably because I hate this Fastrack and just want to toy with him."

"So you weren't trapped?"

"Yep, I will wake up in a minute."

"Well, wake up now. We are trapped inside as long as you don't wake up."

"Oh, then you ruined my sleep. Yeah, I will wake up, I guess."

They woke up and saw the mad scientist's room.

"Now, what do we do with this guy?"

"Wake him up, maybe?"

"No, he won't wake up." Ajay leaned down, looking at the professor's badge.

"I see, his name is Nithin."

"Let the police deal with this guy."

With the police on their way, they headed back home, already eager for their next adventure.