Chapter Fifteen - Lonely Kayla

(yeah, y'all might hate me for this one but it's been planned since the start

(yeah, y'all might hate me for this one but it's been planned since the start.)

Eli and Ava's visit seemed way too short for Kayla, but thankfully soon she will have her parents in LA for some family bonding. Til then, she's got Buck and the people of LA to take care of.

The 118 is responding to a call on the freeway of a woman on a road sign trying to get the attention of a man named Norman. "So, she's just some woman in a bathrobe? She's not threatening anyone or demanding Batman to come fight her?" Kayla asks, her well placed joke makes Buck and Eddie chuckle while Cap holds back a smile. "That's what it seems like for now, but you know these things usually turn very fast." Cap says as the truck stops.

The crew jumps out and grabs their gear and are able to hear the woman, "Hell no! I won't come down until Norman sees me! And don't you dare try to force me down!" She screams. 'Wow, whoever Norman is, he really got this woman fired up.' Kayla thinks to herself as Bucm walks over. "Wife, mistress, or girlfriend?" Kayla smiles, "I think neglected wife, from the tone of her voice and the fact she's in a robe honestly."

Buck nods, "Nobody's gonna force you to do anything. We're just gonna talk. What's your name?" Athena says over the loudspeakers on the cop cars.

"Lola!" The woman answers.

"Lola, my name's Athena. What's the problem?"

"The problem? The problem is after 30 years of marriage, I can't get 30 seconds of attention from my husband!" Buck nudges Kayla as she rolls her eyes. "It's like I'm invisible! But I'm-I'm not invisible! I am here, damn it! See me, Norman!" The woman opens her robe and flashes the people around. "See me now?" She asks as the people cheer.

"All these people are doing is edging her on, it's pathetic." Kayla mutters as Buck helps her into the repelling gear. She's going down to help talk to the woman while Buck and Eddie stay up top to help if needed.

A few minutes pass until Athena speaks again, "Lola, good news, we found your man. He's on his way." This doesn't seem to please the woman, "I won't come down until he sees me!"

"Ma'am, you're the most famous face in the city right now. There ain't exactly a way to miss you."

"I don't care."

"Okay, Kayla, move into position." Bobby radios, "On it, Cap." She radios back and she starts to move into position as the paramedics move a safety landing into position, causing the woman to protest.

Kayla jumps down onto the sign as the woman shoots the safety landing. "Woah, okay." She mutters to herself as LAPD move into shooting position but Athena tells them to stand down. Lola turns the gun to Kayla and she puts her hands up. "Hey, I'm just here to help."

"Lola, listen to me very carefully. You now have every firearm in the greater Los Angeles area pointed at you. If you continue to threaten that lady, they will fire." Athena warns Lola, "I don't wanna hurt anybody." She says, putting down the gun. "I just can't handle being ignored anymore."