64. Nothing Has Changed

After a delightful time with her husband and a sour loss as well, she and Aegon had returned to the castle to give the Aelys that piece of cake she wanted so badly.

Alyssa sat on a chair in Aelys's room while Rhaegar sat on her lap and Baelon sat on the floor with a book.

Aelys held her little hands in front of her eyes as Aegon had asked her. He pulled out the small silver plate with a lemon tart in front of her, smiling for he knew that she would be pleased. "You can open your eyes now, my sweet"

She lowered her hands from her eyes and sewed up when she saw the cake in her father's hands. Aegon took much joy out of her reaction and laid down the plate on the bed to lift her onto his lap. Seating himself on the bed before handing over the plate to her again. "Here you go, Aelys."

She gladly accepted the slice of cake and ate it contently on her father's lap. "Thank you, Father." she spoke, looking up at him. Aegon loved her more than enything and would do more than give her a piece of cake if she asked. He knew she had him wrapped around her little finger but he didn't mind it.

He kissed the crown of her head and finally noticed his wife observing the two. There were so many similarities between Aelys and Alyssa, he thought. They both had the same curly hair and the same shade of eyes, they both shared such kindness and above all, they both knew how to make him fold.

"Here father" when Aegon lowered her gaze to the girl on his lap again, she held out the spoon with a piece of cake on it, holding it out to him with a smile, "For you."

He smiled gratefully at her and accepted the spoon. "Thank you, sweetling."

Alyssa relaxed into her chair and cuddled with Rhaegar who was resting against her chest. He was a very cuddly little boy and he had always been, especially with his mother. Baelon was the very defentition of a driven prince. He loved swords, loved to study with his uncles and because Rhaegar liked to be like him, he often participated in the games that Baelon wanted.

"Baelon, love, what had happened to your head?" she queried, after spotting a red mark above his brow. He lifted his head to meet his mothers eye before lifting his own fingers to the spot. "We were playing, mother."

"You need to be careful while playing, my son, or you might be badly hurt."

Tis just a scratch, the little prince thought, but even if he did not see it as eny kind of anger he nodded in uderstanding, his father had told him that he should always listen to his mother, no matter what and he had followed that rule all his life. He wasn't going to stop now. "Yes, mother."

Alyssa was satisfied with that answer and caressed his cheek, happy to see that it was nothing dangerous.

"You know what, it's getting very late," Alyssa stated and stood from the chair with Rhaegar still in her arms. She went uo to Aleys and gives her daughter a kiss on the cheek "Good night, my sweet girl."

"Night mother"

She sends a knowing look to Aegon who nodds in response, once the children were asleep they would go out to the city.

"Come, Baelon. Let's go." she gave him her hand and the three of then exited the room. The door closes behind her and those who remain in the chamber are Aegon and Aelys. "Father, can you stay with me for a while?"

He looks down at his daughter who is already looking up at him with her big purple eyes, pleading woth him to stay with her. "Of course I can."

Her eyes lit up and she hurried out of his lap and crawled from the bottom of the bed to the pillows. "I'm gone!" she exclaimed, pulling the covers over her head to hide.