(NSFW) Darkness and Dragons Ch. 6

Like with the other stories, this chapter is purely optional. You're free to skip it if you want.

It was a calm evening. A quiet evening. Rayna had been cooped up in her room all day after classes. After working hard on her book for the past few months, she was finally nearing the end of it. But at the moment, she was a little distracted by her current side project.

Morpeko was sitting on the desk munching on a sandwich. She barely gave the red notebook next to her a glance, unsure of exactly what her trainer was working on. Rayna, however, was fully focused on it. She'd only just gotten out of the shower and was sitting around in a pink bathrobe. Her hair was still damp and she had a thin layer of mint green paste covering most of her face. It wasn't something she did often, but she felt like pampering herself today.

“This is sooo good…” she mumbled, hastily writing as quickly as she could.

Morpeko tilted her head with curiosity, still chewing away at her dinner. “Peko ko?”

Rayna met her inquisitive gaze, her cheeks reddening slightly. “Um, it's just a side story…for fun…and practice.” She smiled. “Morpeko, I want you to finish up your meal and rest in your ball for the rest of the evening, okay?”

Morpeko, not being pushy as long as she had a full belly, ate her fill before stuffing bits and pieces of the sandwich into her pockets. She then scrambled over to her poke ball and went inside, allowing Rayna to tuck it away with the rest of her team. After a little more writing in the peaceful solitude of her room, Rayna began to press her legs together uncomfortably. Taking a pause in her work, she slid a hand down under the desk to rest on her thigh, dipping her fingers just under the hem of her robe. A sudden knock on the door made her jump.

“Rayna, you in there? Can I come in?”

She recognized Drayton’s voice in an instant, and her face flushed in response. “I-I’m here! Just…uh…”

She slammed her notebook shut and jumped out of her chair. To her dismay, before she could get to the bathroom, the door opened and in came her boyfriend. His gaze landed on her, looked her up and down, and finally he grinned.

“Getting all prettied up for me, Ray Ray?” he lightly teased. “How considerate of you!”

“I didn't say you could come in!” She tried to hide her face in embarrassment. “Gah, don't look at me!”

She pushed past him to the bathroom, hurrying straight to the sink to wash away her face mask. When she finished, her next step was to comb her hair since it was still a bit messy from steadily air drying. But then she noticed Drayton was in the doorway, arms crossed and leaning against the door frame.

“No need to scramble around to fix yourself up,” he told her. “I think you're cute no matter what. Plus, I'm the one intruding on your spa day.”

Rayna froze leaning over the sink. “Um, why are you here anyway? Do you need something?”

Drayton shook his head. “I didn't get to see you much today, so I wanted to drop by. I know you're hard at work on finishing your book, but please remember to take breaks and that I'm here whenever you want cuddles and kisses.”

“That's sweet of you,” she replied, going over to give him a kiss on the cheek. “I…guess I wouldn't mind letting you stay a while.”

He immediately grinned. “Great, ‘cause I brought snacks!” He fished a small box of chocolate chip cookies from his pocket. “Always happy to share if you want some!”

With a little smile, Rayna took his arm and brought him out to her bed to sit down. He wasted no time in tearing open the box to pass a cookie to her. She gobbled it up while he scarfed down one of his own. It seemed like everything would be pleasant, at least until the boy's eyes flicked toward her desk. Rayna glanced that way, realizing that she hadn't put her notebook away before he'd come in.