Strong Enough For You Ch. 1

“And here comes our last dish.” The girl’s gaze shifted from her floating Rotom phone to the chef himself carrying out her order. “This one's called the House Special Hot Pot. Now the ingredients of this dish are said to be a house secret, so I'll be going on flavor alone. Mmm, I can already smell it too. It's got my mouth watering.”

Kofu placed the large pot of soup on the table, careful not to knock over any of the other dishes spread out before them. On one end of the table sat Elodie, a girl with the sweetest of smiles. With light, reddish pink hair that formed natural waves, she had the top half in a ponytail held by a bright red bow. Her fair skin was complemented by her white dress with red cherry print. Red painted nails matched, and her violet eyes seemed to shine with excitement at the prospect of tasting this particular dish. At the opposite side of the table sat a Lopunny, fur a softer brown than usual, and the normally cream-colored fluffs of fur a light pink hue.

“Hope ya enjoy!” Kofu said with a big, bright smile, stepping away to not so subtly watch from beyond the bar.

Elodie and her pokemon both leaned forward to take a big sniff of the tantalizing aroma. Using her chopsticks, the girl picked out a piece of meat. After blowing on it to cool it off, she bit into it, taking a moment to savor the taste while her partner, with the manners of a princess, did the same.

“Delicious!” Elodie cried, her gaze on the phone’s screen where she could see herself. “Cooked to perfection! The meat is juicy and tender, it practically melts in your mouth! And the broth…it has a kinda richness to it. It's hard to describe. And don't worry, all you with sensitive taste buds out there, no spiciness. All in all, I give this dish a perfect five stars!” Kofu fist pumped in the background, meanwhile the girl looked over at her partner. “What do you think, Candy?”

Candy held up her paw, smiling with all her fingers up. “Lopun pun!”

“Sounds like Candy agrees. I actually think this is my favorite of the dishes.”

“Lop!” Candy pointed to the Flamigo shaped bowl off to the side. “Pun punny.”

“Candy’s favorite is still the Tofu Pudding. I'm not surprised, it was super tasty too.” Elodie turned slightly in her seat to better face her phone, watching the chat go crazy. “To all you viewers, if you live in Paldea or are planning a trip here, I highly recommend coming down to Kofu Lounge in Cascarrafa! Your taste buds won't be disappointed!” She paused, beaming at the donation she just earned. “Thanks for the dono, Munchlad! And that concludes this stream! Hope you all had a wonderful time on this episode of Elodie's Eats!” She waved cutely. “Until next time!”

“Lopun!” Candy waved as well.

The screen went black before Kieran’s eyes. He gasped, nearly dropping the phone onto the bed. “Aw man…”

He scrambled to find where he'd put the charger. Not only had he swiped his sister's phone, but he also let the battery run down. Carmine wouldn't be happy if she found out. He was sure to get an earful. But honestly, he thought it was worth it. To sit down and quietly enjoy Elodie's videos in the comfort of his room, where he could not so subtly drool over how pretty she always looked and how sweet her voice was.

Finally, Kieran found the charger, swiftly plugging the phone up. “Maybe Sis won't notice it's gone for another hour or two…”

A sudden knock on his door nearly made him jump out of his skin. “C'mon, Kiki! We're gonna be late!” The door swung open and in stepped Carmine. “I thought you of all people would wanna be there when… Is that my phone?!”

Kieran frowned. “Y-You were supposed to knock first! You can't just…b-barge into someone's room!”

“I can do whatever I want! I live here!” Her angry tone made the boy flinch back in fear. “And I wouldn't be barging into your room if you'd hurry up!” She sighed, her fury subsiding. “Y'know, if you wanted to borrow my phone, you could've just asked. I know how much you like watching Elodie.”