009

𓏲

                                                𓏲 . THE BOY WHO LIVED . .៹♡
                                                           CHAPTER NINE
                                                  ─── HALLOWEEN

After that night, the three Gryffindors and the two Slytherins unconsciously agreed not to mention the three-headed dog or the trapdoor until it was necessary

Charlus Potter woke up very tired that morning, as he had also had detention the night before. But the excitement of Quiddich lesson with Marcus Flint had invigorated him for the day. Hermione was in the library  while Ron was somewhere with Alistair and Harry after the latter had a Quidditch lesson with Oliver Wood.

"Quidditch is easy to understand. Each team has seven players. three chasers, two beaters, one keeper and the seeker, that's you."Marcus explained and pointed at Charlus as they placed a heavy trunk on the ground in the middle of one of the grassed school grounds.

The oldest boy knelt down and opened the flap in which 3 balls lay. The first one he picked up was reddish-brown and had three half-hollowed circles, two on each side and one on the bottom.

"There's 3 kinds of balls. This one is called the Quaffle." Marcus said  and passed it to Charlus.  "Now the chasers take the quaffle in their hands and try to throw it through one of the three hoops." he continued to explain and pointed to the playing field with the three different sized hoops and the seating stall with flags.

"The keeper defends the hoops. You with me so far?" he asked him. "I think so." Charlus said and skillfully threw the quaffle back to him. "What are those?" he then asked and pointed at two identical balls, jet black and slightly smaller than the red Quaffle. Charlus noticed that they seemed to be straining to escape the straps holding them inside the box.

Marcus placed the Quaffle back in the trunk and handed Charlus a small club, a bit like a short baseball bat. "Stand back." Marcus  warned Charlus. He bent down and freed one of the Bludgers. At once, the black ball rose high in the air and then pelted straight at Charlus' face.