018

𓏲

                                                   𓏲 . THE BOY WHO LIVED . .៹♡
                                                        CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
                ─── INVISIBLE VOICES & THE WRITING ON THE WALL

Soon enough, they arrived at  the  hut, Hermione quickly knocked on his front door as Harry and Charlus helped keep Ron standing, and after a few seconds Hagrid opened it, smiling widely without noticing anything was wrong, "Bin wonderin' when yeh...

Soon enough, they arrived at the hut, Hermione quickly knocked on his front door as Harry and Charlus helped keep Ron standing, and after a few seconds Hagrid opened it, smiling widely without noticing anything was wrong, "Bin wonderin' when yeh lot was goin' ter come and see meh. How can I 'elp yeh?"

As soon as the half-giant caught a glimpse of Ron's ill state, he ushered the four of them in the house quickly. Hagrid didn't seem perturbed by Ron's slug problem, which Harry hastily explained as Charlus lowered Ron into a chair.

"Better out than in," the half giant said cheerfully, plunking a large copper basin in front of him. "Get 'em all up, Ron."

 "I don't think there's anything to do except wait for it to stop," Hermione said anxiously, watching Ron bend over the basin. "That's a difficult curse to work at the best of times, but with a broken wand . . ."

"So tell me," Hagrid began, jerking his head at Ron. "Who was he tryin' ter curse?" "Malfoy. He called Hermione something —Well, I don't know exactly what it means."  Harry explained to him quietly. "It was bad." Alistair said, "Malfoy called her a 'Mudblood,' Hagrid —"

Ron dived out of sight again as a fresh wave of slugs made their appearance. Hagrid looked outraged. "He did not!" he growled at Hermione. "He did," The bushy haired girl said quietly. She was clearly upset and trying her hardest to fight back tears. "What's a Mudblood?" Harry asked, slightly confused.

"It's about the most insulting thing he could think of," Ron gasped and came back up from the basin. "Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is Muggle-born, you know, non magic parents." Alistair began to explain to them. "There are some wizards — like Malfoy's family — who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure blood."