032

𓏲

                                         𓏲 . THE BOY WHO LIVED . .៹♡
                                             CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
         ───  MYSTERY PRESENT & EXPECTO PATRONUM

៹♡                                             CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO         ───  MYSTERY PRESENT & EXPECTO PATRONUM

It was safe to say that when the golden five arrived back at the castle that night, things were quiet. Neither of them knew what to say to one another with this newfound information.

A hatred such as he had never known before was coursing through Charlus like poison while Harry didn't know what to feel anymore. Alistair had spent hours replaying the conversation in his head to put pieces of the puzzle together, but that was hard to do when the final image was so unknown. Hermione couldn't help but worry about Charlus and Harry's well-being after finding out who was the real reason for their parents' death. And Ron? Well, in typical Ron fashion, he had literally no idea what the hell was going on.

Charlus hadn't gotten to sleep until late into the night. He  had woken up, took a shower, got dressed, walked down the spiral staircase to a common room and made his way to the Gryffindor common room that was completely empty except for Ron, who was eating a Peppermint Toad, Hermione, who had spread her homework over three tables, Alistair, who was seated on the sofa, and Harry, who looked far better than Charlus was.

"Where is everyone?" the boy asked his brother and his friends. "Gone! It's the first day of the holidays, re​mem​ber?" Ron said and watch​ed Charlus close​ly. "It's nearly lunchtime; I was going to come and find you up in a minute."

 Charlus slumped into a chair next to his brother. Snow was still falling outside the windows. Crookshanks was spread out in front of the fire like a large, ginger rug.

"You really don't look well, you know," Hermione said, peering anxiously into his face from across the room where she was satting. "I'm fine," Charlus said. "No, you're not," Harry replied. "You look worst than me. You can't lie to us. Especially me."

" Charlus, Harry, listen,"  Hermione said, exchanging a look with both, Alistair and Ron, "you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday. But the thing is, you mustn't do anything stupid."