022

𓏲

                                          𓏲 . THE BOY WHO LIVED . .៹♡
                                            CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
               ─── THE MINISTER OF MAGIC & KING OF SNAKES

៹♡                                            CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO               ─── THE MINISTER OF MAGIC & KING OF SNAKES

The Slytherin common room was filled with students when Snape arrived with Charlus and Alistair.  Everyone was talking loudly, but it all stopped at once when the professor began to speak.

"Due to recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately: All students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."

Charlus crossed his arms and leaned against a wall while he listened to Professor Snape in silence. He rolled up the parchment from which he had been reading before he added  in a somewhat choked voice, "I should tell you this. Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught. . . it is likely the school will be closed."

With that he turned and climbed somewhat awkwardly out of the door to the Common Room, and the Slytherins went back to their loud chatter immediately.

"Are you all right, Charlus?" Matthew asked him. He, Adrian and Alistair stood with Charlus, who was still wearing his Quidditch robes. "He's in shock," Adrian told Matthew quietly. " That Gryffindor girl – Hermione Granger – she's his best friend. I think Charlus 's blaming himself for not keeping her safe."

But Charlus seemed to be too focused on the image that was now haunting him.

There she was, Hermione Granger, in her petrified state. The boy shook his head to try and clear the thought from his head. He couldn't think about it anymore or else he might breakdown again.

The worst part for him, he couldn't do anything to help her.

His best friend was lying on the hospital bed as though carved out of stone and all he could do was wait for Professor Sprout's potion to be ready to revive Hermione and the others. The mere thought of continuing on without Hermione by his side killed him; it ate him up inside.