016

𓏲

                                       𓏲 . THE BOY WHO LIVED . .៹♡
                                           CHAPTER SIXTEEN
─── FLOURISH AND BLOTTS & THE WHOMPING WILLOW 

៹♡                                           CHAPTER SIXTEEN                      ─── FLOURISH AND BLOTTS  & THE WHOMPING WILLOW 

As expected, the boys' journey to the Burrow took them well into the next morning. They successfully landed next to a tumbledown garage in a small yard and Charlus couldn't help the gentle smile as he looked out for the first time at Ron's house.

The house looked interesting. It looked as though it had once been a large stone pigsty, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several storeys high and so crooked it looked as though it was held up by magic (which, it probably was). Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof.

The six of them got out of the car before they quietly snuck into the house through the back door. Fred, George and Ron wasted no time in eating the cookies that were on the kitchen table. Alistair noticed, however, that the note he had left was no longer there, which meant that someone in the house was awake and knew they weren't in their beds. As for Charlus and Harry, they were just admiring the Burrow. They had never been in a wizard house before.

The dishes in the sink cleaned themselves and clinked quietly in the background. The clock on the wall opposite them had  nine golden hands with pictures of the individual family members on them and no numbers at all. Written around the edge were things like Home, School, and Work.

As they walked over to one of the chairs, they saw a set of needles moving on their own and needling a scarf. Then they turned to look at Ron, who was watching them almost nervously, as though waiting for their opinions. "It's not much, but it's home." he said with his mouth full. But Harry and  Charlus grinned widely, "I think it's brilliant."

Before he could say anything back, an older woman with red hair, which Charlus assumed was Mrs. Weasley, came storming into the the kitchen and then came to a halt in front of them. Her hands were placed on her hips, staring from one guilty face to the next with a disappointed look plastered on her own, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?"