Resolutions

Chapter 11
The two, stiff teenagers stood there in the empty corridor in pure shock. Violet was looking directly into Wilbur's kind eyes, showing absolute fear that someone had finally caught her. And Wilbur was looking into Vi's scared, mauve-coloured eyes with a questioning stare saying, 'What is happening Vi?'.
Violet didn't say anything, she just kept staring at him, pleading for him to understand. Wilbur saw this look but he didn't, no, COULDN'T understand. He had no idea about her abilities, and he wanted to know why. Why she had lied to him, her most trysted friend. Why she kept something as significant as this out of his life, knowing he would find out in given time. Why she had done it all.
Wilbur slowly walked up to Violet, reaching out to grab her shoulder for reassurance, but she backed away frightened. "Please...", the mortified girl pleaded to her best friend, "Please!".
Although she didn't specifically say what she wanted to be done, Wilbur already knew. 'She wants me to keep her secret', he thought sadly to himself. He then, tried again, to hold her shoulder and this time, she didn't back away. Instead, she literally FLUNG herself into the raven-haired boy's arms, sobbing and gasping.
The poor boy stood awkwardly and shocked while his best friend cried her eyes out. Once he got over the shock, he wrapped one arm around her slim waist, and the other patting her head in comfort while he soothed with calming words.
At the sound of Wilbur's soothing voice, Violet seemed to enter a world where it was just her and Wilbur residing in it. No problems occurred here, no bullies, no powers, no nothing. Everything was calming and relaxing, causing her to stop sobbing and just sigh in contentment of being in his strong and secure arms.
All this went away when Wilbur asked that dreaded question, "Why didn't you tell me?". Violet just stood still in his arms, not moving an inch until he repeated the question.
Violet moved back out of Wilbur's embrace until she could see his face. His face was covered in a mask that had concern and hurt written ALL over it, making the guilt in Violet's stomach grow.
"I did it because I had to", she finally replied, shakily and almost inaudible.
"Thats not an answer Vi", Wilbur persisted in knowing the truth about her secrecy. Violet, looked away from him, feeling as though if she kept looking at him, she would certainly break.
"I'm a super Wil, we're not meant to tell people of us, and you know why...", Violet finally confessed. She felt a wave of complete relief because she was finally relieving herself of a burden long overdue.
All Wilbur Robinson could do was look at Violet in complete confusion and shock. How could this petite and shy girl be a crime-fighting super hero? It just didn't suit her character at all.
Violet starred at the floor, full of shame. What shame she felt for not telling her trusted friends, shame for hurting her fellow peers, and what shame in showing her secret in the worst way! Vi started crying again, silently but shakily.
Wilbur looked at this fragile girl before him, wondering what it had cost her to keep this a secret. He slowly embraced her once more, trying to make her feel calm again.
"Its alright, Vi, I understand", he whispered softly in her ear while she sobbed into his chest. Violet seemed surprised at this, she expected him to scream to the world that she was a freak, like every other kid did before. But he DIDN'T!
"So...", she whimpered, "You are not going to tell anyone what I am?".
"No...never Vi", he responded sincerely, full of trust and truth.
After that little conversation, Wilbur took Violet to the nurse's office, so she could recuperate her energy, promising to visit her at lunch. Violet felt as though she could fly, being in his secure arms made her safe and guarded, never being able to be harmed. And with that thought in her head, she smiled while drifting off to sleep.