Ready to camp

Chapter 12
Violet's secret has been kept secret by Wilbur for weeks now. And it is finally school holidays!
As the final bell rang for the day, classroom doors were swung open and hundreds of students poured out into corridors, the sounds of pounding feet and slamming lockers echoed through the halls.
Wilbur was always happy about holidays, but these holidays would be the greatest yet. "Hey Wil", Peter yelled out as he and Sam came running up to the youngest Robinson, "You ready for holidays man!?".
"Yeah I am", Wilbur replied enthusiastically, "I'm going camping with Vi and her family, it is going to be great!".
Peter snickered as Wilbur finished answering Sam's question. The scientist's youngest gave his friend a queer look that said "Whats so funny?".
Peter, still snickering, looked over to Sam, hoping that he would get his idea. Sam was looking confused at first, but suddenly said "Ohh..." and also started cackling with Peter.
"What are you two thinking about?", Wilbur finally asked, getting frustrated and annoyed that his friends wouldn't tell him what was going on!
But the two weirdos just ended up bursting out laughing, crashing to the ground and rolling hysterically around. Seeing that he would not get the answer out of them, Wilbur sighed in frustration and stalked out of the school gates, straight home to pack for the up coming weeks. He ran into Violet, as usual routine, on the way home. They talked about their days, but Wilbur kept quiet about what he and his friends talked about.
'What was so amusing about me and Vi camping together for a few weeks?', he thought to himself as he entered his house.

Violet was just packing her bag and locking her locker for the holidays when Monique, Danielle, Louise and Amber came running up to her with excitement.
"Hey Vi!", Amber practically yelled to the ebony-haired girl in front of her.
"Hey Ambie, Monique, Dani, Lou, whats up?", Violet calmly replied with her bright smile.
"How are we all spending holidays? I'm spending mine stuck at home doing chores!", Louise whined while pouting.
"Poor you mate", Dani replied sympathetically, "I wish you could come with me to Melbourne! Its in Australia, I'm so excited!
Everyone stood gaping at her, how lucky was she to be leaving America and all the way to 'The land down under'? EXTREMELY!
"Well... I'm visiting family with Amber here, that is in Canada, but thats it, coming straight back home to SLEEP!", Monique said with a smirk, thinking she got her holidays easy.
"Well then, I will call you guys and you can come help me you lazy bums!", Louise said mischievously.
"Um... I'm actually QUITE busy so yeah...can't help unfortunately", the blonde said with alarm.
All the girls burst out laughing, their laughter echoing in the empty corridors.
"So what about you Vi? Any plans?", Dani asked, finally gained control on her laughing fit.
"I am actually going camping with the Robinsons for for a few weeks!", Violet replied excitedly, barely waiting to go home and pack.
All the girls stopped laughing, their expressions turning from happy to shocked in the blink of an eye.
"R-R-Robinsons?!", Monique chocked out, "As in... WILBUR ROBINSON?!, our best friend and hottest guy in school?!".
"Yes... Why, is something wrong?", Violet asked nervously, not knowing if what she said was wrong.
"N-No! Not at all Vi", Louise spat out frantically, "Its just... WOW!".
The rest of the girls' faces grew back into grins, more mischievous than normal, and they all started jumping around, squealing like fan girls!
"What is wrong with you guys", Violet asked in an annoyed tone.
"Oh come on Vi, don't you realise?!", Amber asked shocked.
"Realise what...?"
"Oh my god..."
Violet was even more confused now than before. 'What are they ON about?'.
Violet rolled her eyes and quickly said goodbye to the girls, seeing what the time was, and met up with Wilbur on the way home. As they talked about their day's, Violet was keeping quiet about her and friends' interesting conversation.
'What was so amusing about me and Wilbur camping together for a few weeks?', the mauve-eyed girl thought to herself as she entered her house.